Taylormade 300 minidriver.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Wiggled one in AG. Not convinced, it looked an awful lot like a driver, I.e not very mini... Would need an exceptional lie on the fairway!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'd prefer to see a review from a player with driving issues, rather than a pro who hits the ball cleanly 99 times out of 100.
This is Rick you know.....:unsure:
Wasn't able to try one and seeing how much Rick didn't get out of it makes me wonder if it's 350 quid better than my strong 3....and I doubt I'd get it off the ground from the floor.
Mmm..food for thought...but not fully convinced yet.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
‘I've so given up on drivers though...work of the Devil...”. Amen to that.

”Not convinced, it looked an awful lot like a driver, I.e not very mini... Would need an exceptional lie on the fairway!!” ....but that’s the point ? Larger head than a 3 Wood, and 3 Wood length shaft, and I’ve no intention of trying to clip it off the fairway, only bought one to get me on the damn fairway off the tee, hopefully !

Yes £349 ain’t cheap, but me buying one without even trying shows my desperation eh ? Anyway, if it ain’t the grail I seek it’l move on for little loss on the Bay, or here.... but hope it doesn’t come to that. ?????‍♂️

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
‘I've so given up on drivers though...work of the Devil...”. Amen to that.

”Not convinced, it looked an awful lot like a driver, I.e not very mini... Would need an exceptional lie on the fairway!!” ....but that’s the point ? Larger head than a 3 Wood, and 3 Wood length shaft, and I’ve no intention of trying to clip it off the fairway, only bought one to get me on the damn fairway off the tee, hopefully !

Yes £349 ain’t cheap, but me buying one without even trying shows my desperation eh ? Anyway, if it ain’t the grail I seek it’l move on for little loss on the Bay, or here.... but hope it doesn’t come to that. ?????‍♂️
I'll be watching Chris.....(y):cool:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I was initially tempted by this but having given it some thought surely it would be easier put your current driver on its highest loft setting, and have the shaft cut down an inch or so? You'd still get the benefit of the larger head but you would lose the ability to hit it off the deck, but to be honest how likely would I ever be to play that shot anyway?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was initially tempted by this but having given it some thought surely it would be easier put your current driver on its highest loft setting, and have the shaft cut down an inch or so? You'd still get the benefit of the larger head but you would lose the ability to hit it off the deck, but to be honest how likely would I ever be to play that shot anyway?
This is exactly it, every one is too egotistical to accept they need more loft.
I have accepted that and my driving has improved immensely. I am set at 12.5 -11.5 degrees and in draw ( DJ has his driver draw biased with a hot melt and still hits a fade, so take that away and he is definitely a right side slapper ?)
Also when do you really need to hit a driver off the deck ??? Just play to your yardage that you can dump the ball close .. I like 88,98,108 yards so I will try to get to these yardages and the risk is minimal because I am not trying to hit the impossible

D

Deleted member 3432

Nice bit of marketing for what used to he called a 2 wood back in the day.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

I tried shorter shafts a couple of years ago, just didn't feel weighted right and the huge driver head looked odd, couldn't get away with it at all.
As I've already mentioned in this thread, my old 16 degree SLDR mini driver is the one club I regret selling, that thing was a bona fida fairway finder.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I tried shorter shafts a couple of years ago, just didn't feel weighted right and the huge driver head looked odd, couldn't get away with it at all.
As I've already mentioned in this thread, my old 16 degree SLDR mini driver is the one club I regret selling, that thing was a bona fida fairway finder.

I did the same earlier this year with my driver and took an inch off the shaft After reading about swing weights etc I bought extra weights for the head but in the end just left the weighting as was ie no extra head weights. It feels light but I've since got used to it and, despite having the odd bad day, I'm hitting it better than I ever have!

I'll concede it does look slightly odd at first but I quickly got used to it.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I wonder if the 300 Mini Driver will tempt a similar response from Callaway and Ping and others in the near future?

I had a Ping Rapture MiniDriver from back in 2014 (and if you think todays price for the TM300 is steep, the Rapture came in at £400 back then...though mine was sourced from ebay for half that a few years later) and it knocked the TM SLDR and Callaway MiniDriver offerings from the same era out of the park

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wonder if the 300 Mini Driver will tempt a similar response from Callaway and Ping and others in the near future?

I had a Ping Rapture MiniDriver from back in 2014 (and if you think todays price for the TM300 is steep, the Rapture came in at £400 back then...though mine was sourced from ebay for half that a few years later) and it knocked the TM SLDR and Callaway MiniDriver offerings from the same era out of the park

Do you still use it?