Taylormade 300 minidriver.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you still use it?

I used it until last summer when I had a complete bag overhaul and made some swing adjustments....sold it during the ebay/covid silly season for around £240....which was maybe £50 more than I'd paid for it when I bought it in 2016!!!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Others have mentioned chopping their drivers. I had an xr16 and out a speeder in it cut to the fusion length after some range testing. At the time I was struggling with the driver and it worked well. 3 months with the shorter shaft then back to the original length which added about 10 yards.

With all new drivers having removable shafts, a 50.00 shaft off eBay was cheaper than the fusion driver at 400.00.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wonder if the 300 Mini Driver will tempt a similar response from Callaway and Ping and others in the near future?

I had a Ping Rapture MiniDriver from back in 2014 (and if you think todays price for the TM300 is steep, the Rapture came in at £400 back then...though mine was sourced from ebay for half that a few years later) and it knocked the TM SLDR and Callaway MiniDriver offerings from the same era out of the park
I remember trialing the 3 deep when it came out, it was a great club went miles , as far as the xhot pro driver, never seen one for sale SH anywhere up here, so lots must still be is use.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quick update:
haven’t got onto the Course this weekend, but couldn’t resist popping over onto the rugby fields behind me this afternoon to give this 300 a swing...

Perhaps expectedly, the first few swings I put in it were less than ideal, with poor results. But having told myself to slow down and swing smoothly, as I never hit well when I try to swing hard,....the results were good !

Set at its standard 13.5*, I hit quite a few that flew high and straight, and pushed out to 230-240yds, which although not ‘that’ much further than my 5wood, it was into a slight wind, and also using very old ProV1’s, that I’ve used for practice for 3/4 years !

The YouTube reviews from James Robinson and others were only getting 260/270, and they’re Pro’s of course, and 30years younger than me !

Good size head, much larger than a 3W, and much smaller than current Driver’s, which I personally like a lot, and coupled with the shorter shaft, all felt just more manageable.
I know many will say what’s the point, but literally, I’m just trying to find the fairway reliably, or more reliably than any Driver I have used has ever done for me, and yes, I have been ‘Fitted’ before, with same damn results after !
After 30years playing, and now 59,....... I just know I’m destined to never hit Drivers well, bar the occasional peach.

Booked to play tomorrow Pm, so ????‍♂️