Taylormade 300 minidriver.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
My mate, who is a big hitter, found one a very good alternative to a 3 wood when the driver was too much.

He gave up trying to find one in this country and imported his from the States.

Where I play a driver can be much more than needed on many holes and years ago I used to carry a 2 wood instead of a driver because it was all I needed.

Grizzly

I really like the look of this - I reckon the extra forgiveness of the head size would be a massive advantage for someone like me with only a passing acquaintance with the sweet spot.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Another +1 for the SLDR version. My Taylormade R1 driver had fallen out with me. Tried the minidriver and it was a revelation. On a good hit the driver was a bit longer but the average length was longer with the min-driver and I hit a lot more fairways.

I’d be interested in this. I’m not that great with the driver so hit quite a few 3 woods. But not great with 3 wood off fairway. So I have 5 wood. For me this would replace driver and 3 wood, allowing me to put the 3 iron back in the bag, or extra wedge.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Is this not equal to an adjustable 3 wood?
I don’t see the point in adjusting it down to 9.5 degrees, 12 or 14 yes, but otherwise get a normal driver and reduce the shaft length.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Just ordered one, here tomorrow, high hopes after watching/reading reviews !
in all my 30 years playing, I’ve just never hit Driver well, no idea why, as my iron game is strong, and that and my short game & putting keep me in Single figs,
but when the Driver puts me in trouble off the tee so often, it’s a struggle.

I’m no after ‘distance’ per se, just to hit the damn short stuff, and if I can be more consistent with this, hope to get down a shot or 2.

For those saying it’s expensive, ....well, yes, £349 isn’t cheap, but I know lots of people who spend way more on the latest Driver.

I’ll report back (y)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Just ordered one, here tomorrow, high hopes after watching/reading reviews !
in all my 30 years playing, I’ve just never hit Driver well, no idea why, as my iron game is strong, and that and my short game & putting keep me in Single figs,
but when the Driver puts me in trouble off the tee so often, it’s a struggle.

I’m no after ‘distance’ per se, just to hit the damn short stuff, and if I can be more consistent with this, hope to get down a shot or 2.

For those saying it’s expensive, ....well, yes, £349 isn’t cheap, but I know lots of people who spend way more on the latest Driver.

I’ll report back (y)
It's a weapon mate, goes about the same as my driver despite it being 13.5 degrees, work that out :unsure:
Hit my longest ever drive with it on Saturday, ok baked fairways and it hit a bit of a down slope but still, just seems really consistent for distance across the face.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
It's a weapon mate, goes about the same as my driver despite it being 13.5 degrees, work that out :unsure:
Hit my longest ever drive with it on Saturday, ok baked fairways and it hit a bit of a down slope but still, just seems really consistent for distance across the face.
Stop it...I can feel the credit card trembling...