Taylormade 300 minidriver.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate, who is a big hitter, found one a very good alternative to a 3 wood when the driver was too much.

He gave up trying to find one in this country and imported his from the States.

Where I play a driver can be much more than needed on many holes and years ago I used to carry a 2 wood instead of a driver because it was all I needed.

Grizzly

Visit site
I really like the look of this - I reckon the extra forgiveness of the head size would be a massive advantage for someone like me with only a passing acquaintance with the sweet spot.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another +1 for the SLDR version. My Taylormade R1 driver had fallen out with me. Tried the minidriver and it was a revelation. On a good hit the driver was a bit longer but the average length was longer with the min-driver and I hit a lot more fairways.

badgergm

Visit site
I’d be interested in this. I’m not that great with the driver so hit quite a few 3 woods. But not great with 3 wood off fairway. So I have 5 wood. For me this would replace driver and 3 wood, allowing me to put the 3 iron back in the bag, or extra wedge.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is this not equal to an adjustable 3 wood?
I don’t see the point in adjusting it down to 9.5 degrees, 12 or 14 yes, but otherwise get a normal driver and reduce the shaft length.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just ordered one, here tomorrow, high hopes after watching/reading reviews !
in all my 30 years playing, I’ve just never hit Driver well, no idea why, as my iron game is strong, and that and my short game & putting keep me in Single figs,
but when the Driver puts me in trouble off the tee so often, it’s a struggle.

I’m no after ‘distance’ per se, just to hit the damn short stuff, and if I can be more consistent with this, hope to get down a shot or 2.

For those saying it’s expensive, ....well, yes, £349 isn’t cheap, but I know lots of people who spend way more on the latest Driver.

I’ll report back (y)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just ordered one, here tomorrow, high hopes after watching/reading reviews !
in all my 30 years playing, I’ve just never hit Driver well, no idea why, as my iron game is strong, and that and my short game & putting keep me in Single figs,
but when the Driver puts me in trouble off the tee so often, it’s a struggle.

I’m no after ‘distance’ per se, just to hit the damn short stuff, and if I can be more consistent with this, hope to get down a shot or 2.

For those saying it’s expensive, ....well, yes, £349 isn’t cheap, but I know lots of people who spend way more on the latest Driver.

I’ll report back (y)

It's a weapon mate, goes about the same as my driver despite it being 13.5 degrees, work that out :unsure:
Hit my longest ever drive with it on Saturday, ok baked fairways and it hit a bit of a down slope but still, just seems really consistent for distance across the face.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's a weapon mate, goes about the same as my driver despite it being 13.5 degrees, work that out :unsure:
Hit my longest ever drive with it on Saturday, ok baked fairways and it hit a bit of a down slope but still, just seems really consistent for distance across the face.
Stop it...I can feel the credit card trembling...