Taylor Made M1 or M2 Drivers

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Who owns either, and how do they go for you? Both good value at Left Handed Golf at the minute, and thinking about upgrading my Ping G20.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
nice drivers.. just be warned TM drivers are very Loud! test before you buy because I know some people find the sound they make a put off and cant get used to them

personally I dont care but at the range in the enclosed space you can really hear the difference lol

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
The sound won't really bother me either to be honest. I do like the Ping G20, but may benefit from the adjustability of the M1 maybe. M2 I have heard very forgiving, but less adjustability.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son has an M2 and I borrowed it for a while recently. Spanks the ball miles, it gave me an extra 15-20yds and I swing slower than an 80yr old. It did this on off centre hits as well as those out of the middle. It was quite an eye opener. I don't know how the M1 compares.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The sound won't really bother me either to be honest. I do like the Ping G20, but may benefit from the adjustability of the M1 maybe. M2 I have heard very forgiving, but less adjustability.

The downside of adjustable is that it promotes tinkering.. could end up ruining things by changing all time thinking oh this weight here might solve this

Neeko1988

Visit site
I have the newer M4 and when purchasing this i thought long and hard about going for the M3 for the adjustability but like above it promotes tinkering so went with the M4. can adjust the loft that's enough for me. if the M2 is anything like the M4 (shouldn't be too much difference) great club.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've an M2 driver and an M1 5 wood (both LH 😀 so they work that way too)

Firstly the M2 drivers come in two different models - and there are differences with the later one being considered an all round improvement.

Second they are a lot more forgiving than the SLDR driver I replaced (well I still have it of course, as I collect these things!)

As ever the real trick is in finding the shaft that works for you; again I've a few and they all have their plusses and minuses. The stock regular certainly works well enough (sacrilege to many obviously).

Sound wise - definitely don't find them noisy a or tinny at all. Loads of louder, and to my ears worse, drivers out there.

Basically the M2 does a good job (as do a number of others obviously)

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not exactly what you asked, but I picked up an M3 on a whim this weekend. it was an ex-demo model and an offer too good to refuse. Compared to my R11 which was what I had previously it is night and day, easily 10-20 years more, even on miss-hits, and much less punishing on in terms fo distance loss and accuracy when you don't quite find the middle.

D

Deleted member 21258

Got a M2 bought it 2nd hand, goes well.

Was it better than the cobra fly z+ it replaced, not overly noticeable to be honest to me, slightly but looks nicer to me ;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you can afford it (they are coming down in price) I would opt for an M4.

I had the M1 tried lots of different shafts and never got on with it. nowhere near as consistent with than the R9 but the M4 I have taken to virtually immediately. Probably gained about 10 yards and the dispersion is every bit as good as the R9.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the 2016 M2 and the 2017 M1 440

I've found the old M2 shaft on the new M1 head to be the best combination. However, if I put the M2 back on its original shaft and hit shots back to back I can barely tell a difference to be honest.

I play a fade, I've accepted that this is just how I am and when I adjust the weights on the M1 to draw bias I seem to be even worse at controlling the fade. Its set middle and back and was my favourite club this season.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i use the M2 #1 with matrix white tie stiff shaft and its the most forgiving and longest driver i've had in some time.Had the M1 440 but not a patch on the M2 IMO

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My son has an M1 with the Hzrdus extra stiff shaft, hits it miles. I have an M2 with a Kurokage stiff shaft, can hit it miles on occasion :rolleyes:

Sound doesn't bother me, they look good, unless you put a sky mark or 6 on them :oops::eek:

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Another vote for the M4. Just had one fitted, was using a 10 year old Titleist. The difference in accuracy is massive. Goes a bit further too, but that was never the goal for me. Get a proper fitting and you don't need to tinker, so all that adjustability is just gloss.

mister v

Visit site
I am sat at my desk waiting for the postie to deliver my latest ebay purchase which is a M4 driver.... its an ex demo club and it has a Mitsubishi Bassara E42x5ct Regular shaft in it, now im under the impression that this is a pretty whippy shaft and i have another shaft to swap with it if needed
Its first outing is on a 3 game Christmas golfing trip