Takeaways

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
There's this Chinese takeout joint up the street where both the mother and the jailbait teenage daughter are BOTH serious eye candy.
Then one day the grandmother was there, closer to my own age group, and I would have been happy to spend time with that lady as well.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I love them all but unfortunately for me my family only like pizza. It's always pizza to save the hassle of going to two different takeaways. If the wife goes to visit her family it's an Indian all day long.😋

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Turkish is currently my favourite when eating out.
Don’t have many takeaways now,prefer to make a night of it with the mrs & friends.
Few beers before,then some decent snap 😊

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ha I like all of them! In our house we mix it up a fair bit. One of us will choose the takeaway each week.

Indian is usually (but not always) a meal out. But if we do, I get - Lamb Madras, onion rice, keema naan, plus popadoms pickles and onion Bhaji.

Pizza shop - hot shot pizza or a mixed kebab. Very rarely a hotshot parmo (prefer restaurant type ones).

Chinese - Chilli, salt and pepper chicken, fried rice and curry sauce. Curry spring rolls.

McDonald’s (if my daughter is choosing it will be McDonald’s): Big Mac Meal, a chicken mayo and we share 20 nuggets.

Fish Shop: Cod and chips, curry sauce and pickled onion vinegar all over.

My choice tomorrow night. From the list above, I think it will be Indian.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When my cousins come over for dinner with my aunt I'm very much ok with ordering Chinese even tho it's not my fav ... But they want indian as my aunt can't have it so they never get it

So the 9 of us do half and half order both and get them to bring the order roughly same time 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hard to pick a favourite as it depends how your mood takes you. Probably Chinese and Indian are the ones we go for most often. With Chinese it's the picky starters and sides that make it really. With a curry I'm not a spicy man, I love a medium or mild spiced creamy variety. Thai is up there as well, love a gang gari, massaman or a rendang - but we actually cook them at home quite a lot so get them less often as a takeaway.

I like pizza but it always feels like the greediest/most calories even if factually that might not be the case. You really feel like you've stuffed your face when you finish one. I do like a kebab, fish & chips and a McDonald's but as they're often slightly cheaper by comparison they feel like less of a treat somehow.

Bit leftfield but we love a sushi as well - proper sushi rolls, not the crap you get in M&S with a bit of salmon on a block of rice. However sushi tends to be the most expensive of the lot so that's a rare treat.

Burritos are good too. Have I missed any? 😂 Time to refer back to the fitness thread I think...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Turkish is currently my favourite when eating out.
Don’t have many takeaways now,prefer to make a night of it with the mrs & friends.
Few beers before,then some decent snap 😊
Yup, Turkish/Lebanese restaurant set menu and bring your own booze is class when there's a few of you. Shish, schwarma, halloumi, sujuk, kofta, falafels, lovely stuff.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We don’t do takeaways at all, nearest we get is using a website called Dishpatch. It is a site that does restaurant food from top chefs (Paul Ainsworth, Michel Roux, Angela Harnett, etc) and it comes partly prepped. You have to do some cooking/warming up but all the sauces, marinating and such is done. The meals are delivered on the day of your choice by DPD and are all refrigerated with ice packs. They are a bit pricey, about £50-70 per meal for 2 but they are 2 or 3 courses and taste great.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Hard to pick a favourite as it depends how your mood takes you. Probably Chinese and Indian are the ones we go for most often. With Chinese it's the picky starters and sides that make it really. With a curry I'm not a spicy man, I love a medium or mild spiced creamy variety. Thai is up there as well, love a gang gari, massaman or a rendang - but we actually cook them at home quite a lot so get them less often as a takeaway.

I like pizza but it always feels like the greediest/most calories even if factually that might not be the case. You really feel like you've stuffed your face when you finish one. I do like a kebab, fish & chips and a McDonald's but as they're often slightly cheaper by comparison they feel like less of a treat somehow.

Bit leftfield but we love a sushi as well - proper sushi rolls, not the crap you get in M&S with a bit of salmon on a block of rice. However sushi tends to be the most expensive of the lot so that's a rare treat.

Burritos are good too. Have I missed any? 😂 Time to refer back to the fitness thread I think...
Takeaways like everything else seem to have gone up in price a lot.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We don’t do takeaways at all, nearest we get is using a website called Dishpatch. It is a site that does restaurant food from top chefs (Paul Ainsworth, Michel Roux, Angela Harnett, etc) and it comes partly prepped. You have to do some cooking/warming up but all the sauces, marinating and such is done. The meals are delivered on the day of your choice by DPD and are all refrigerated with ice packs. They are a bit pricey, about £50-70 per meal for 2 but they are 2 or 3 courses and taste great.
Sod that,rather eat out & let someone else cook & wash up.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Indian every time for me. I like to mix it up but currently favouring a chicken tikka karahi, with a garlic and cheese naan, 2 garlic rices, poppadoms and a makhani dhal.

Plus whatever the missus wants.

Doesn't help there's a very good one about 150 yards away who will run over with the order for free when I can't get out because I've got the kids etc.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't say I have a favourite - as it depends on ones mood as to what one fancies at the time.

But a nearby Chinese is hard to beat when ones in the mood.
Singapore fried rice
Crispy aromatic duck
Salt n pepper spare ribs
Szechuan king prawns.