Takeaways

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Rather bored and dreaming of a nicer lunch today and it got me thinking....

What's your favourite takeaway? And to go a step further, what's the full order you and the family go for?

I love a pizza, my wife absolutely hates pizzas from one place in Worcester which I absolutely love! Its your classic lower end Pizza joint that deliver in the finest boxes bookers sell in bulk, but its just the best pizza going, insane amounts of cheese and far cheaper and better than a Dominos in my eyes.

I'm also weak for a Chinese (especially after discovering salt and pepper chips), an Indian and a Chippy :ROFLMAO:
My favorites are Chinese, pizza, and subs.

[You say "subs," right? They're big sandwiches on half a baguette. [Or sometimes a whole one. Americans measure sandwiches in "feet."]

We used to have a place where if you could eat their yard long sandwich in a certain period of time,
you got another free one to bring home. That was easy work for me as a teenager. I didn't own a car then, and walked it all off.

I'm not a big fish eater but I do like take out fried haddock with cole slaw and fries [chips].
I can't eat cooked cabbage, but a nice cold cole slaw is good with fish and chips.
A Guinness goes really well with it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

[You say "subs," right? They're big sandwiches on half a baguette. [Or sometimes a whole one. Americans measure sandwiches in "feet."]

We used to have a place where if you could eat their yard long sandwich in a certain period of time,
you got another free one to bring home. That was easy work for me as a teenager. I didn't own a car then, and walked it all off.

I'm not a big fish eater but I do like take out fried haddock with cole slaw and fries [chips].
I can't eat cooked cabbage, but a nice cold cole slaw is good with fish and chips.

We have subway over here so we do have "subs" and supermarkets do sell "submarine rolls" but the term "subs" isnt really common - you'd just call it a sandwich or like "A Tuna Baguette"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Speaking of take away, I just walked home with the kids and a leaflet dropper avoided ours as we have "no junk please" but then I spied a Thai food menu.. intercepted her sharpish

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has to be Chinese for me. The flavours you get in a ready meal are just not the same.

I remember going to a traditional Chinese Restaurant many years ago and even their flavours were different to the takeaway.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

A lot of restaurants put the beer in the batter here.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Papa Johns pizza, or a decent Indian.
Chinese has to much oil, KFC has ruined the chips, BK and MaccyD's are meh, though BK in this country is better and MaccyD's better in the States. I will go hungry rather than buy fish and chips after my best friend was killed in one 40 yrs ago.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Indian all day long for me, South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken Tikka 😋😋
Then probably a Balti Pizza, just lovely 😀
Great thread, just don’t look in here after viewing the weight loss thread 🤣🤣

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's awful
Cowboy builders doing works and not earthing a 415v chipping machine meaning the casing was live.
He dragged it down on top of him crushing his chest. That the internal organ damge it caused and the electrocution killed him, aged 17. All the chippy owner/builders got was a £2k fine.
I vowed never to eat from a chippy again after that night. And haven't.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If we go Chinese then...

Daughter: Crispy Aromatic Duck, Plum Sauce, Pancakes etc along with a Chicken Noodle Soup
Wife: Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef with Mushroom Fried Rice
Me: Salt and Pepper Squid, Special Curry with Singapore Fried Rice

Wife's not over fond of Pizza but I enjoy it and will either go for a Hot and Spicy with extra Pepperoni from Dominos, or a Pepperoni with extra Red Chilli from Prezzo.

I love an Indian but don't get takeaway very often, prefer to eat in a restaurant...happy to eat anything hot and spicy but if its a new place that I've not been before then I'll go with Chicken Jalfrezi and a Peshwari Naan...if a place cant do a decent CJ then the rest of the food isn't likely to be up to much in my experience.

Fish n Chips are ok but to my mind are best consumed at a windy seaside whilst trying to fight off the gulls.

Wife love's a Nando's but as a takeaway the food doesn't travel that well (neither does KFC for that matter) and is best consumed on-premises fresh.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cowboy builders doing works and not earthing a 415v chipping machine meaning the casing was live.
He dragged it down on top of him crushing his chest. That the internal organ damge it caused and the electrocution killed him, aged 17. All the chippy owner/builders got was a £2k fine.
I vowed never to eat from a chippy again after that night. And haven't.
That is so sad and such a inappropriate punishment. It was gross negligence.