T-Mobile, Boycott them!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
:cool: :D

Why use them in the first place.

German company....big in Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, the Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Poland. "Bought" their way into the US market and started in the UK around the same time as Orange....one2one, mercury...all that rubbish...

They've never been a UK (or part-based UK) company providing anything other than "token" UK jobs......

How they even got started was beyond me....

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I used to work for them Dave and the retail arm had a huge head-office and warehouse at slough so they did employ huge numbers on the retail side.

Basically T-Mobile bought one2one and for a while, maintained all uk jobs in the retail and national network head-office.

This seems to be the start of the slide.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, it's a shame....

I boycott all sorts of companies that "ship" the lot outside the UK...sadly, most consumers don't know or care about the reality of their brand loyalty.

If I want something, I tend just to go and buy, if it's a long term commitment, I take my time and research a little.

Originally, "we" went with Hutchison Telecom (Orange) in 1994 and they were bought out by France Telecom in 2000 i.i.r.c.

I made a few trips to France between 2002-2005 and got charged "heavily" for using my 'phone "roaming" in France. I 'phoned them to complain about the charges (80p/m) and they told me that were "obliged" to charge me for using a third party network.

I asked to speak to a senior manager and warned him that "I would contact the national press" if he gave me all the bull about 3rd party network.....the 3rd party was France Telecom, the owners of Orange....

Big companies do what they like, and it's up to us to make a stand......

I approve of your actions.....especially if you worked for them..

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally, I'll use whoever is up to the job in any field/industry, regardless of whether they are 'UK based or owned' or whatever.

Its about who can provide me with the best service, with an obvious eye on cost too.

After all, just because they are British today, doesnt mean they'l be british next month, or in 6mths........life's too short.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually got ditched by T-Mobile because I picked the right contract. Got a call from them at the end of my 12 month to tell me that I was not wanted as a customer anymore as I was not economically viable as a customer because all I used was my free minutes and free texts and was not spending enough on extras.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually got ditched by T-Mobile because I picked the right contract. Got a call from them at the end of my 12 month to tell me that I was not wanted as a customer anymore as I was not economically viable as a customer because all I used was my free minutes and free texts and was not spending enough on extras.

How odd! I've been with Orange on a tariff that costs me under £3 a month........(bad mistake their end!!)

They kept 'phoning me to get me on another one....I'm not budging.....I put my mobile number on the TPS and warned them NOT to phone me unless it was directly about my account.....

Never had a call in 5 years!!!!

You should have phoned "the Sun"......what a story.....cheeky gits.....

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site

How odd! I've been with Orange on a tariff that costs me under £3 a month........(bad mistake their end!!)

They kept 'phoning me to get me on another one....I'm not budging.....I put my mobile number on the TPS and warned them NOT to phone me unless it was directly about my account.....

Never had a call in 5 years!!!!

You should have phoned "the Sun"......what a story.....cheeky gits.....

Under £3 a month?! Did you mean under £30? :eek: I'm guessing there isn't a typo there and you are being serious so other than a low end handset (personal preference so fair enough) what do you get in terms of minutes / texts for that?

Nice work though if that contract serves your needs! :D I pay £35 a month

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My broadband is through T-Mobile.I could have gone with "3" for that but decided the usage I'd have would make it more cost efficient to use T-Mobile for the mobile-broadband.

At the end of the term I will choose agin which provider will be my choice & it will be what is most cost effective at the time. Already, I could get a better deal with them if I hadn't already taken out a contract or with one of the others.

My take on all Mobile & Telecom providers, is that they are all rob-dogs.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got T-Mobile and currently am not actually 'on contract'. It expired some time ago and that tariff is no longer available.
I'm frequently contacted with these 'fantastic' offers of a new phone with all the bells and whistles but of course at a vastly inflated rate. I just keep saying no and just stick to the old one, never exceeded the free minutes or free texts yet and rarely, unless I'm abroad, pay anything over the original rate.
Any trouble and I'll cut and run.

colintrav

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Tmobile PAYG dognbone but i get sick of the utterly pointless texts i get sent claiming of fantastic offers ..