Swinging the ball both ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_Drake_teacher

Visit site
I know that it is common practice to be able to swing the ball either right or left off the tee or the fairway to avoid a hazard for example. Is it possible to get the ball to go one way for a while then swing back again?
Would love to read your opinions
TIA
Peter Drake

D

Deleted member 23270

Yes if you use a Pinnacle BiWay ball but you have to polish 1 side a bit like a bowler does in cricket.

D

Deleted member 1147

If the wind’s right to left, and you hit a fade into it, it may turn back to the left, and vice Vera’s.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know that it is common practice to be able to swing the ball either right or left off the tee or the fairway to avoid a hazard for example. Is it possible to get the ball to go one way for a while then swing back again?
TIA
Peter Drake

As you say you're a novice, the simple advice is keep it simple. Build a repeatable swing with whichever shape that may be (no-one usually hits it bullet straight all the time) and then start to refine and learn to shape shots

sunshine

Visit site
TIA
Peter Drake

I'm sure it's possible if you join the right club. Do you like to swing both ways?

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
You wouldnt be able to spin the ball in a direction then have the ball stop spinning in that direction and start to spin the opposite way. That wouldnt be possible.

You could hit the ball one way to the other by hitting it hard enough in one direction then have the spin take over and bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.