Votes: 8 9.5%
  • 1 or 2

Votes: 59 70.2%
  • many

Votes: 17 20.2%

• Total voters
S

Snelly

None. They are counter-productive. As Sam Snead said "when over the ball, empty your mind...."

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I just visualise the shot i wana play ,then just tell myself its the right club no need to try kill it ..

Then set-up and play my shot.

I try not to think while I'm over the ball. I used to but found it counter productive.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently "feel inside" on the back swing (to stop me taking the club back outside the line) and "extend" on the follow through to help stop me pull my shots.

Probably thinking about the wrong things!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Each and every one of us are different so I guess there is no 'right' answer to this question but.......

When you swing to hit the ball do you have any swing thoughts ?

Used to have a heap of checks more than thoughts i suppose......
But now once im happy im square with everything i just say to myself "Nice and slow and watch it go"

ChubbyArse

www.theshyteds.co.uk
Hi, I'm 4 months into playing golf and the best thought I've found when getting preparing to swing is to relax and let your shoulders fall to their natural position.

All to often, I tense up through the concentration and anticipation of the shot so the last thing I think of is "am I hunched up?". Usually I am, and like I mentioned, I allow my shoulders to drop. This gives me a far more consistent swing (albeit still flawed - but less flawed).

Last edited:

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Far too many at the moment. Best strikes always come from shots when I rush funnily enough. Say I've hit wrong fairway, I just walk up, line up and swing. Bingo nice flight distance etc. hit my fairway and it's going anywhere!!

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have 3 at the moment, back, hinge, and release, the big one at the moment for me is the releasing as my pro altered my grip a bit at my lesson on friday and ive got the back and hinge bit going fine but unless i fully release i shank it, so thats the main one, the other ones are just little reminders really

Shaunmg

Head Pro
Visit site
My main thought is to keep it smooth and slow on the down swing; my back swing seems to take care of its self. I tend to accelerate on my down swing too much. So I have to think about it