Swing help

PhilLUFC

Visit site
Hi Ive recently taken up golf again (played when i was a kid) and mainly when using my driver it always slices to the right Ive tried everything to sort it but im just wondering if there anyone with some tips. Also i struggle to use irons below a 8 on a fairway its so annoying hacking up the fairway if anyone has some tips i would be greatfull thanks

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi Ive recently taken up golf again (played when i was a kid) and mainly when using my driver it always slices to the right Ive tried everything to sort it but im just wondering if there anyone with some tips. Also i struggle to use irons below a 8 on a fairway its so annoying hacking up the fairway if anyone has some tips i would be greatfull thanks

Welcome to the madhouse. Very short, very boring answer but go and see a PGA professional and get a couple of lessons. They'll sort you in no time

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
To stop slicing you need to change the direction of your swing at impact.
At the moment it's moving across the ball from right to left imparting L-R side spin.
To reduce the slice you need to correct the path of your swing.
Watch the video below and try and hit the ball without hitting the headcovers.

[video=youtube;KsrovFJ3o9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsrovFJ3o9I&list=PL7Uf2W3sfvqYBJ3OUldKvQT7 ZWYEmPOyW&index=33[/video]

To improve the contact, try and reduce any swaying during the swing, that will help

PhilLUFC

Visit site
Thanks for the replies going to hit the driving range today and try it out any advice on the irons on a fairway ? Thanks

Brian_C

Club Champion
www.briancurranphotography.com
Highly recommend going to see a PGA Pro. The actual cause of your slice could be any number of things... the Pro will look at your swing and know with in minutes what needs corrected. could be your swing path, grip, take away, weight distribution on your feet, or need, a combination of them all.... the Pro will sort you out.