Topping driver...

D

Deleted member 31467

I agree, a sway is sometimes the fault but which is easier....cure the sway to stay more centred therefor improving the angle of attack or move the ball position to match the angle of attack.
As an 8 hcp who strikes his irons well, I'd be inclined not to mess around with a swing that works well and just experiment with the ball position with the driver.
I play with a mid/high handicapper, more moving parts in his swing than.......well I don't know what if I'm honest. But it is repeatable and it works. Sometimes it's best not to fix things :cool:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree, a sway is sometimes the fault but which is easier....cure the sway to stay more centred therefor improving the angle of attack or move the ball position to match the angle of attack.
As an 8 hcp who strikes his irons well, I'd be inclined not to mess around with a swing that works well and just experiment with the ball position with the driver.
BIB - This is exactly what I have had to do when I changed drivers etc, just my head now needs a good bit of convincing that I can get the ball in the air given it’s new position, when I let my head take control without further focus I think I sway…not much, just enough.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Can confirm topping the driver can be a fault with ball position to far back

9 handicapper and September last year I couldn’t get the ball off the floor till a mate saw me pre round on the range during a trip

If he hadn’t told me and then showed me I would have had about 3 points

JR93

Visit site
Quick Update..

Few swings in a lesson recorded revealed a sway off the ball which I did not feel, and ball position had crept too far back - both of which was said on here (thanks!)

Moved the ball more forward (to what feels like way too far forward past my lead foot - in reality its not that much more forward) + making a turn with the weight feeling like its on the inside of my trail foot instead of the outside to stop the sway..

Drive after drive with solid connection like an instant fix!

Funny old game golf - goes to show feel and real are complete different and a check-up is definitely needed now and again!

appreciate the replies and feedback (y)