swing feedback please

Morecambe hacker

Medal Winner
Visit site
hi all im new to golf been playing 1year but havent played for nearly 6 month due to work and ive just recently been hitting the range again, working on my out-to-in swing path, me not releasing the club through impact also my chicken wing.

please feel free to leave any feedback as it will be very much appreciated:)

[video=youtube;IK_o0NPsD5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_o0NPsD5s[/video]

hope the link works im new to this

Last edited by a moderator:

mattcross1977

Club Champion
Visit site
Recognise that driving range!!! Ashton if I am not mistaken?

Seems a nice swing for someone who has only been playing 6 months. I am not about to give any advice as I play off 18 myself but I think if you worked on your posture a little it would work wonders with some of the issues you mention. I had the same problem 3 or 4 months back and a quick lesson with a pro had it sorted in no time.

By the way I am a member next door at Lancaster so if you ever fancy a knock give me a shout!

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice tempo not to much wrong. As said work on posture&set up. Plus hold the club at the end. Posture grip and set up are the main thing get them right and the rest will follow. Great swing for the time you have been playing.

A

Alex1975

Lots of nice things and some not so nice... Flat feet is what was obvious to me. Try a more athletic stance as if you were getting ready to catch a ball or return a tennis ball.

Ps I am not a pro, just an avid amature.

Are you taking lessons as you seem to know a bit about your swing?

Morecambe hacker

Medal Winner
Visit site
thanks for your comments lads:D grip club at top, stand more upright and dont stand so flat footed more on the balls of my feet. will try all these in new year thanks again.
ive had maybe six 15minute lessons but im constantly on youtube looking at common swing faults then filming myself and if i see any which i am i go on google and find cures and try them myself at the range or im forever grabbing an iron when home and always having few practice swings when living room is empty lol but the best thing happened to me last year when i bought my clubs i went down the range and made a complete arse of myself and a seasoned golfer in his 70s came upto me and said " listen mate in the nicest possible way your grip is awful, your posture is awful infact everything your doing is so wrong the advice im going to give you is going to help you out 100%" he then said "go home put your clubs away and the next time you get them out is when your on your way to a lesson with a pro" so i didnt start with any bad habits so them 6 small lessons have shown me straight from the beginning the right path and im so glad its starting to pay off:)
my goal is im 32 years old and by the time im 35 i want a sub 20 handicap so fingers crossed

A

Alex1975

It's not going to take you 3 years.... You can be sub 20 this year if you want it.

Be aware, I was much like you and all the YouTube clips and forum questions you can think of held me back. Try and take one persons advice and work on just one or max two things at a time. Be focused but not intense!

Oh ... Enjoy the proccess!

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont go on the ball of your feet. You my find you fall into the shot. Just keep a nice balance between the heel&ball of the foot.