Swing change.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has gone through a complete swing rebuild/change?

If so, how long before you were happy that changes had bedded in and you felt comfortable that you could hit the ball properly ?

I have just started and everything feels completely alien.

I now have a cracking practice swing but when a ball is put down I revert to old swing with a mixture of new. This means I can not hit the ball proper.

For me the new swing is completely different to the old one. It is almost like starting from scratch again.

Any help from anyone who has been through this please.

Cheers

Midnight...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has gone through a complete swing rebuild/change?

If so, how long before you were happy that changes had bedded in and you felt comfortable that you could hit the ball properly ?

I have just started and everything feels completely alien.

I now have a cracking practice swing but when a ball is put down I revert to old swing with a mixture of new. This means I can not hit the ball proper.

For me the new swing is completely different to the old one. It is almost like starting from scratch again.

Any help from anyone who has been through this please.

Cheers

Midnight...

Welcome to my world. Embarking on a big change to shorten the swing, slow the tempo and stop the wrist cock. Should be a piece of cake

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Do you enjoy practicing ?
How often did/do you practice ?
How often do you play?
How long have you been playing?
What part of your game are you trying to improve and why?
How good do you want to get?
How fit/flexible are you?

Just some of the questions I'd ask before I'd suggest a complete swing rebuild/change

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just relax! Practice the 'new' swing and when it seems grooved go out and play 9 holes - or at least a number of holes - on your own! Don't think about the swing at all - just let it happen! You'll notice the occasionally - and hopefully more than that - everything seems to just work a it did in practice. That's the 'new' swing clicking into place!

But, from memory of seeing your swing a couple of times, it's relaxing that will be of ost benefit!!

Don't think too much!!

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[]Do you enjoy practicing ? If I have a structured thing to work on , then yes

How often did/do you practice ? To be honest it would be no more than twice a week

How often do you play? Had been playing 2-3 times a week

How long have you been playing? Over 6 years

What part of your game are you trying to improve and why? It would be nice to be in a position that I could pull a iron out and be happy that more than often the ball would go where I am aiming. Also I would like to be more consistent, I don't think this is achievable with how I swing a club at the moment.

How good do you want to get? To be honest , any cut would do me , but would be over the moon to get to 15.

How fit/flexible are you? I would class myself as fit. Not as flexible as I use to be .

As always cheers for any input Bob.

Last edited:

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just relax! Practice the 'new' swing and when it seems grooved go out and play 9 holes - or at least a number of holes - on your own! Don't think about the swing at all - just let it happen! You'll notice the occasionally - and hopefully more than that - everything seems to just work a it did in practice. That's the 'new' swing clicking into place!

But, from memory of seeing your swing a couple of times, it's relaxing that will be of ost benefit!!

Don't think too much!!

Cheers mate, your right about the relaxing.😁

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
But Guy, you have the most beautiful swing that golf has ever produced. I an artistic sense it's more Picasso than Constable but a swing you couldn't teach anyone or be copied 😁

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But Guy, you have the most beautiful swing that golf has ever produced. I an artistic sense it's more Picasso than Constable but a swing you couldn't teach anyone or be copied 😁

It may be a gift from the Gods mate, but it ain't working. 😁😁😁😁

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did a very similar thing about 18 months/2 years ago.
It still has elements of my historical swing, but then I cant expect to ever fully leave what I did for years without massive amounts of practice and in all honesty I am happy with just steady improvement and a less stressed body after each game.
Good luck wiht your chosen path:)