Surrey/Kent Border - which golf club?

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No. You heard wrong.

Bear in mind that with approx 1500 members (not all with full playing rights), there will always be a sizable turnover for health/moving/death/etc reasons. As I understand it, 48 members did not renew their membership/resigned from the club but only 30 of those had full playing rights. So that's 30 - not the 150 you are bandying about. and 18 non-playing members. 78 members changed their category to social - some because they didn't play enough to justify full playing rights, some because of their employment position, some thinking that they wouldn't be playing again for several months so trying to save their monthly fees by not supporting the club, and others for whatever reason.

Hope your mates enjoy The Addington. Love playing there a couple of times a year but personally it's not a club that I would care to be a member of.

I think it’s more to the fact that the Addington rarely closes for inclement weather and you can play 4 other courses whenever you want As I said I enjoy playing spgc Are you the captain by any chance ? And also they have less than 150 7 days members. So I guess you get what you pay for

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to think why anyone would leave Sundridge Park for The Addington? That suggests an underlying issue other than the weather and the Covid 19 related problems.

I make you right Rich. It appears that they left to join a club with "less than 150 7 day members" (that tells a story) so that they can play 4 other courses any time they want???? One of those courses is meh and (in normal circumstances) is difficult to get on even as a member due to the number of societies booked, and the other 3 aren't worth playing.

Still. Each to their own.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
[QUOTE="C&R, post: 2188620, member: 16351 As I said I enjoy playing spgc Are you the captain by any chance ? [/QUOTE]

I'm glad you enjoy playing there. Most people do. We find that most visiting teams for friendly matches in all age groups have been over subscribed. Speaks volumes as far as we are concerned.

And, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not captain :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: nor even on the committee. Just an ordinary punter who appreciates that weather conditions can affect our course as much as most other courses and is happy to support one of the best clubs in the South East.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyway C&R, enough of this banter. I'm sure that is is not making any difference to the OP in his deliberations as to where he should join.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like S&R's mates, and others, have done us a favour. Just heard that we have 42 new playing members just joined across all categories.

Anyone (other than 27 - 31 category which is full) wanting to join better get their skates on as only a few vacancies left. :)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Seems like S&R's mates, and others, have done us a favour. Just heard that we have 42 new playing members just joined across all categories.

Anyone (other than 27 - 31 category which is full) wanting to join better get their skates on as only a few vacancies left. :)

they'll need to get a 2nd mortgage as well!!!

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyway guys. It’s just a game of golf. All the problems in the world at the moment. Golf courses are the least of our worries. Peace and love