Sunday / Range bag

Tommy10

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced bag for maybe 5 or 6 clubs. Room for a water bottle, phone, keys. Just be using it for driving range at my club and for a few holes now and then when time doesn’t permit 18.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
End of last year I bought a Big Max Heaven 6 2020, haven’t had a chance to use it yet, not the greatest material but perfect size for what I wanted. Definitely bigger than a fabric pencil bag the top is 6 inch diameter (as opposed to 9.5 in a normal carry bag). The solid sides help with getting clubs out of the bag, I think that’s the main problem with fabric/collapsible bags that the grips get stuck together. There are a few like this in the 50 range, defo check the diameter out before buying anything ??

2DD1F334-DD98-4162-9195-D53ACBC50D78.jpeg

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
End of last year I bought a Big Max Heaven 6 2020, haven’t had a chance to use it yet, not the greatest material but perfect size for what I wanted. Definitely bigger than a fabric pencil bag the top is 6 inch diameter (as opposed to 9.5 in a normal carry bag). The solid sides help with getting clubs out of the bag, I think that’s the main problem with fabric/collapsible bags that the grips get stuck together. There are a few like this in the 50 range, defo check the diameter out before buying anything ??

View attachment 35310
This

I have a wee big max dri lite (or something)

Tiny but still holds 14 clubs. Waterproof and has stand legs.

Only about 60 sheets of eBay brand new too

Great kit.

Last edited:

FELL75

Visit site
This

I have a wee big max dri lite (or something)

Tiny but still holds 14 clubs. Waterproof and has stand legs.

Only about 60 sheets of eBay brand new too

Great kit.
Hi, can I ask how waterproof it is? Thinking about getting one but there's the whole waterproof/repellent/resistant debate. Cheers

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi, can I ask how waterproof it is? Thinking about getting one but there's the whole waterproof/repellent/resistant debate. Cheers

Waterproof enough to withstand significant downpours buddy.

When you compare it to similar bags within the price bracket then you really can’t go wrong.

For example I ‘think’ the sun mountain equivalent is north of a ton.

This is the one I have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303897392818

I got it with 10% off when eBay had a sale on.

FELL75

Visit site
Waterproof enough to withstand significant downpours buddy.

When you compare it to similar bags within the price bracket then you really can’t go wrong.

For example I ‘think’ the sun mountain equivalent is north of a ton.

This is the one I have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303897392818

I got it with 10% off when eBay had a sale on.
Thanks, appreciate it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

RichA

Visit site
I always fancied a Ping Moonlite. Ping quality, not too expensive but quite rare new now.
Got them at Snainton Golf. Bought one last year. Fine when it's dry. Big enough for a full set but doesn't look silly with 6 clubs in it. And you can unclip the second strap and carry it with a single, which you can't with some others.
Also, it's totally unstructured so you can fold it away when it's not in use.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Got them at Snainton Golf. Bought one last year. Fine when it's dry. Big enough for a full set but doesn't look silly with 6 clubs in it. And you can unclip the second strap and carry it with a single, which you can't with some others.
Also, it's totally unstructured so you can fold it away when it's not in use.
Ah, now that is interesting. I can fit everything I have into my locker, trolley, bag clubs shoes, the lot. It means I only have to take my battery home for a recharge every other round.

I want a bag that I can scrunch up and squeeze into the limited space that I have left after fitting that lot in, but I read that the moolite has a solid spine which has put me off so far. But if you are saying that it is foldable then that is a game changer.

RichA

Visit site
To clarify slightly, there is a spine but it's only about a foot long. I worried I'd given you duff info, so I've just checked - pic attached...

Attachments

• 8D1B44D4-3E25-4D3D-9203-063153B44A7B.jpeg
    8D1B44D4-3E25-4D3D-9203-063153B44A7B.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 13

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those new to golf a Sunday bag is named because in Scotland caddies were not allowed to work on the sabbath so golfers carried a light canvas bag with half a dozen clubs in it.