Sunday 27th September near Leicester

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've just booked a 9:28 tee-time for myself and grumpyjock on the 27th of this month, at Beedles Lake Golf Course about halfway between Leicester and Melton Mowbray.

Hole-by-hole guide here

Got room for 2 more if anyone fancies it :cool:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is only down the road from me but have a comp on Sunday so cannot make it. Another time and I will be in.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shame, will let you know next time. Good luck in your comp.

I played at Rutland Water a couple of weeks ago, is that where you play?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shame, will let you know next time. Good luck in your comp.

I played at Rutland Water a couple of weeks ago, is that where you play?

I started out at Rutland Water but actually play at Stoke Rochford on the A1 near Grantham

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks to Chris for an enjoyable game. Unfortunately my golf was even further away from mediocrity than it usually is, only my chipping and putting (for the most part) saving me from being wayyyyyy over my handicap.

Still... you have to let the guest win don't you? :p

The weather was great, just a shame the course wasn't in the best condition. The fairways were a bit brown and patchy with the recent lack of rain, and the greens were a bit bobbly after being treated a couple of weeks ago.

All in all a good day though I thought, even though I won bugger all! :D

I'm looking forward to getting out and about to play some new courses with new people.

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks gary for the invite and the game.
the course could have been better but with the lack of rain it was still enjoyable.
Its always good to play to your handicap once in a while.
next time the butties are on me and I shall make sure there is plenty of brown sauce.
All the best mate.

rhubarbtheatregolf

Medal Winner
www.rhubarbtheatre.co.uk
Fancy October golf near Leicester/Melton?

Hi there, Are you planning any future round near Leicester/Melton again by any chance? I'm a relatively new forum member looking for a game not too far from home (I'm close to Newark). October? Flexible availability. Cheers...

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re: Fancy October golf near Leicester/Melton?

Could be but I'm about out of holidays at work so would have to be a weekend. I'll keep an eye on your other thread :)

rhubarbtheatregolf

Medal Winner
www.rhubarbtheatre.co.uk

Hello there, many thanks for your reply. Would you be up for a kind of mini-meet round somewhere? I have a third person already up for a potential game - 'Whereditgo'. Do you have any one else you think might be interested in a mini-meet in our area?

Also, as I am rather inexperienced with forum discussion/threads, so you might receive (if you don't mind) a message from different 'Whereditgo' in order to help us successfully arrange a game. I have set the ball rolling, suggesting a game within week comm. 17th Oct - weekday or weekend. Ho are you fixed for then? Alternatively, I am quite happy to play on different week, I just thought I might throw something in the melting pot as a starter. OK, over to you...Many thanks,

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I've replied on your other thread, I thought it would be easier to keep it all there. :)