This Sunday (17th) Leicester

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They're just putting the finishing touches to the range extension for your visit!! :rofl:

That is actually a very good point!

Our range isn't a constant length. It is shorter the further left you go. Adey, if you want to hit any longer clubs, please either aim diagonally or use one of the bays at the far end of the range.

Although they're slightly limited distance balls, according to Google Earth the left side of the range is only 180yds. Beyond that is the first fairway! Please don't kill any of my club members! :eek:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is actually a very good point!

Our range isn't a constant length. It is shorter the further left you go. Adey, if you want to hit any longer clubs, please either aim diagonally or use one of the bays at the far end of the range.

Although they're slightly limited distance balls, according to Google Earth the left side of the range is only 180yds. Beyond that is the first fairway! Please don't kill any of my club members! :eek:

many years ago the bloke out of the shop did come to me and requested I stop hitting my driver because people on the first had been complaint about golf flying over their heads..............:whistle:

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not great I'm afraid as Saturday is our competition day. Every now and then we have a Saturday with no comp, I'll let you know when that happens :thup:

Ta, I only get 1 in 3 weekends off so if it fits, it might be a nice option to switch too as a Saturday seems to be the best day for arranging games.

OK without handicaps? One of us is a member somewhere.

If we're only a 2 ball (likely) I'm sure you and a n other would be welcome to join us or make a 2nd fourball up otherwise.

Last edited:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I did mate it was in fantastic condition. It was a pleasure to watch someone hitting their irons as good as that, what was your GIR today. I especially enjoyed though the greens, I thought they where fantastic ;)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thanks Adey, Nick and Dave for coming over, I hope you enjoyed the course. :)

Certainly did Gary, course in fine condition and the play was a pleasure to watch!

We've just had a lesson in iron play and our backsides handed to us on a plate.

I see your usual modesty in your post so I'll give the scores.

Gary and Adey beat me and Dave 6 and 5, that may sound like we had a shocker but the reality was we were steamrollered by two guys on top form, if Adey was correct then they were 5 under gross for 18.
Gary's laser-like accuracy with his irons continued from yesterday and he hit all 9 GIR on the font 9 and finished with a PB 70 gross, great scoring Gary!
We rarely had a sniff at a hole and when we did one of them would roll in a long putt to kill any hope.
To illsutrate this I'll describe the 10th, three of us away on the fairway and for once Gary missed the short stuff and found his ball about three inches off the ground in the scrub, still managed to get a good strike that would probably have found the green again had it not hit a tree, me and Adey put our seconds on the middle of the green, Gary had a quick check with his laser and stiffed his third to 2 feet for par! Adey then rolled in a 25 footer for birdie so on a hole where I felt hopeful after the tee shots I was now looking to hole a similar 25 footer for half, needless to say I didn't.

Great play guys, really enjoyed it! :thup::)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Certainly did Gary, course in fine condition and the play was a pleasure to watch!

We've just had a lesson in iron play and our backsides handed to us on a plate.

I see your usual modesty in your post so I'll give the scores.

Gary and Adey beat me and Dave 6 and 5, that may sound like we had a shocker but the reality was we were steamrollered by two guys on top form, if Adey was correct then they were 5 under gross for 18.
Gary's laser-like accuracy with his irons continued from yesterday and he hit all 9 GIR on the font 9 and finished with a PB 70 gross, great scoring Gary!
We rarely had a sniff at a hole and when we did one of them would roll in a long putt to kill any hope.
To illsutrate this I'll describe the 10th, three of us away on the fairway and for once Gary missed the short stuff and found his ball about three inches off the ground in the scrub, still managed to get a good strike that would probably have found the green again had it not hit a tree, me and Adey put our seconds on the middle of the green, Gary had a quick check with his laser and stiffed his third to 2 feet for par! Adey then rolled in a 25 footer for birdie so on a hole where I felt hopeful after the tee shots I was now looking to hole a similar 25 footer for half, needless to say I didn't.

Great play guys, really enjoyed it! :thup::)

Cheers nick, me and Gary did have a good one between us. Enjoyed the company and was great having a game with you. Will have to do it again sometime when I get back from America :cheers: