Sun Mountain H2NO Ultra Lite competition

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Hi all

Sun Mountain has kindly given us the chance to offer three H2NO Ultra Lite carry bags to forum members. The big advantages of the Ultra Lite are the weight, comfort (of straps), features & waterproof properties. If you’d like to be entered for a chance to win one of these bags, please write below the advantages you feel you get from using a carry bag. We will then pick what we feel are the most interesting and imaginative ideas to win one of the bags. Winners will be selected and contacted on August 14th.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
as an older, but still fit (ish) golfer who has a weak back I crave the ability to carry a few clubs in all weathers - being able to walk in a straight line, always have all my clubs available on the tee and round the green rather than leaving most in a bag on a trolley 50yds away; these are all advantages to carrying, if I am able to do so!

ultra light and waterproof would seem to offer the ideal carry bag :thup:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Carrybags increase the speed of play, I can walk directly to where I need to be. Even the little things make a difference like on a cold day can keep my hands in my pockets to keep warm. #carrytilIcancarrynomore

G.U.R

Head Pro
Visit site
I carry for the simple reason of ease. I don't need to spend time at home loading everything in the car. I can just turn up at the course put my shoes on and walk to the course, which is ideal for after work twilight golf. Only downside with my current bag is that it gets heavy the rain, but sill much prefer to carry.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are obviously several advantages from using a carry bag versus a trolley.

1. I don't need to recharge or replace my batteries.
2. Everything is on hand whilst I'm moving instead of having to stop to delve into my bag on a trolley.
3. My hands are free to hold my brolly, fiddle with my nuts (edible), write out my scorecard or any other distraction that requires use of my hands whilst on the move.
4. I can take route A1. I can walk through the rough, over the fence, jump the stream and have my clubs with me when I eventually find my ball in the crud.
5. I don't need to walk around the fringe with my bag on my back, I can take the shortest route.
6. I can leave my stand bag right next to the green instead of behind the line.
7. I can carry my bag up the hill to the tee because the motor isn't going to burn out trying to get up there.
8. It's actually good exercise carrying instead of following.
9. I don't need to run to keep up with my bag as I go down a hill.
10. My bag will never fall off the bridge into the waterhazard.
11. I can leave my equipment in the car as it doesn't take up the whole boot.
12. I don't have to worry about swapping my wheels in the winter.
13. I can put my hands in my pockets when it's cold instead of steering.

The only thing that I dislike about my current bag is that it's not Waterproof. If I had a H2N0 then obviously I could add the following point.

14. There is a small patch in the middle of my back that doesn't get wet when it rains.

Although when it's sunny the following is applicable.

15. There is a small patch in the middle of my back that gets wet when the sun shines.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Carry bags for me offer multiple benefits.

Firstly, in winter you don't have carry bans when the ground is soft :D . I can walk the course with a full compliment of clubs in all weather conditions, at all times of the year, without the fear of rocking up with a trolley to find the ground is too soft for their use and then have the faff of carrying a cart bag for 18 holes.

Secondly, accessibility. I can quite easily walk the course and access anything I need from my bag. More tees, drink, change of glove, anything. I don't have to stop to do any of this. The same applies to cleaning a club after a shot. I just pick my bag up, club still in hand, and give it a clean as I walk to my ball. It's easy enough to access the top cuff so, when finished, I can just pop the club back in without breaking stride.

Thirdly, pace of play. I can walk, pretty much anywhere on the course with a bag on my back. I'll quite often see the "No trolleys beyond this point" sign and smile as I walk straight past it to my ball with my bag on my back. I can walk directly to my ball even off the beaten track (which I'm doing more and more of lately :angry: ) and arrive at my ball with a full set of clubs, play the shot and walk on. No backwards and forwards to and from a trolley for me.

Another useful point to carrying my own clubs is zero assembly required. I can simply turn up at the course, lift my bag out of the boot, put my shoes on and it's off to the 1st tee, or practice area if I so desire. I don't have to worry about assembling my trolley on the car park, or connect the battery up or, better still, remember to charge it when I get home. I've often seen people turn up at the course, unpack their trolley then look in horror, head in hands, as they realise they forgot to charge their battery :mad: .

When I've finished my round the clubs simply get dropped into the boot, I don't have to fold/disassemble my trolley on the car park, often while it's raining. Simply drop my clubs in the boot then it's off to the clubhouse to change my shoes.

An additional point, following on from the above is that after a round, once my bag has been safely loaded into the car boot, my shoes have been changed and I've driven home, I don't have the mess of grass clippings, mud, twigs and leaves littering my car boot. I can be confident of driving home with no mess in the boot making carrying a much cleaner option. A happy wife equals an easier life for me :thup:

You can probably gather from the above, I enjoy carrying my clubs. I'm sure there are many benefits to using a trolley, but for me, carrying is the better option.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Carrying gives me a counterbalance to my ever increasing gut. When carrying it's the only time I can actually stand up straight.

KJT123

Head Pro
Visit site
Ever since I started playing golf, I've always used a carry bag instead of a trolley because they are a lot more practical.

When walking with a carry bag, there are no restrictions on where or where you cannot go. This is particularly useful as I often hit my drives into the abundance of trees at my local club, allowing me to walk in with my bag, finding the ball and evaluating the lie before selecting what club I will hit. With a trolley, you simply cannot do this and would normally carry several clubs with you into the trees, limiting your options

In addition to this, golf is the sport that I play the most and get most of my exercise from, and so a carry bag makes a round of golf a little bit more strenuous thus burning more calories and improving general fitness.

As my car is quite small, a carry bag is quite easy to transport whereas a trolley requires a lot of space which my car doesn't have. It makes it a lot more practical in the sense that all you have to do is take it out of the car and then you are away, not having to worry about setting up your trolley or putting the battery in for an electrical trolley.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When you use a carry bag you wont fill it with stuff you may not need so their is a chance you could run out of balls, therefore having a lighter one is better as you can carry more balls.

When you use a carry bag you will debate whether or not to carry waterproofs or an umbrella, leave these items in your car/locker ensures a soaking, therefore having a lighter one may help with your decision.

When you use a carry bag you can carry it down to the beach at Machrihanish when you fail to clear it when teeing off the first, Jezz can vouch for that ;)

Not good enough? :whistle:

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you're crafty, you can carry a carry bag on your shoulders when on your bike. Mind car wing mirrors, but other than that you'll be ok. It's meant I can get down to the golf course far more often than i'd ordinarily be able to when living in London as I didn't have a car!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I prefer a carry bag because as an office worker golf is my only proper exercise (apart from running for the tube) and carrying gives me that little extra workout and keeps the middle aged spread at bay for just that little bit longer :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I detest carrying.
I have the H2NO trolley bag and use it on my trolley.
I don't want to carry my clubs.
BUT...
There are times when trolleys are banned.
If trolleys are banned I can't play as I don't have a carry bag.
If I had a carry bag it would be the H2NO as possibly the only thing I detest more than carrying is getting all my kit sopping wet..!
If I had a H2NO carry bag I promise I'd use it when trolleys are banned as I'm not carrying a trolley bag around.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prefer to carry for a few different reasons, such as:

Handiness, the carry/stand bag can be put in the back of the car and takes up much less space instead of having the extra of a trolley and perhaps a battery as well

It is easier when walking the course to have a carry bag because you can get from point A to point B without being restricted to cart paths or course requirements

I enjoy the stylings you see on a carry bag more so than what you see on a cart bag, the look just appeals to my eye more

In my opinion it's better exercise to carry your bag, and anything that's healthier is better! If you're physically able to carry but choose not to I see it as laziness

A carry bag also helps preserve the condition of the course more , wheels of a trolley in wet weather will tear up the grass where they are regularly in use.

Carrying ultimately saves cost because if you've a got a electric battery for your trolley it costs to to charge it and then obviously it costs money to buy a trolley as well

PLUS! The added fact that I'm in quite desperate need of a new bag, as my Oakley one tore before I used it and my old Ping Hoofer is looking worse for wear, so getting a bag like the H2NO which is renowned for being excellent but out of my poor university student reach! So at the moment winning one of these would just ideal!

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have to carry as I can not get a cart bag in my car.:eek: I have a Sun Mountain four5 bag that fits perfectly in my boot, but as it is a few years old now, it would be nice to upgrade to a waterproof one that would encourage me to play more in the winter.:thup:

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
I like carrying for a number of reasons already mentioned above...pace of play, walking directly where I want to go, ability to eat and drink whilst walking, ability to mark a card on the hoof etc etc but the real reason I carry is I don't think the bar staff at the 19th hole, in Elie, would appreciate a golf cart parked in the corner of the pub, whereas my clubs leaning in the corner don't take up too much room so I can enjoy my pint (or 2) of IPA knowing my clubs are safe and sound!

el marko

Head Pro
Visit site
For the simple fact that when i'm itching to get out on the course on a hot summers evening for a quick nine holes i'm too impatient to spend 14 seconds getting the trolley out and loading the clubs on. Already have my shoes on as they're spikeless so its a case of grabbing the clubs and running to the 1st tee.

Love nothing better than walking down the fairway into the sunset with the clubs rattling on every step knowing you've timed it perfectly that no one is ahead of you for at least 5 holes.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having a carry bag makes it so much easier to gauge the correct balance between how many bananas one should carry as compared to how many golf clubs. Having a light bag means you can carry more bananas, and having a waterproof bag keeps your bananas dry...

D

Deleted member 1740

I actually enjoy carrying my bag as it's that bit more exercise that won't do me no harm. Its also easier traipsing through the rough and trees after slicing (or a power fade) my tee shot off the 1st tee to look for my ball!

I feel carrying speeds up the pace of play as in recent years people are accepting over 4hrs a round as the norm which is madness really.

When you carry your bag you're conscious of what you've actually got in the bag as you don't want to carry anything more than you need.