Sun Mountain H2NO or 3.5LS

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
AG are doing an instore offer for Sun Mountain bags. I can get a 3.5LS for £80 or a waterproof H2N0 one for £100. Both look similar. Anyone have either type? Any comments about them?

I suspect it is worth paying the extra £20 but I would appreciate any comments people have, particularly if there is a good reason to avoid either.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got the H2NO, great bag but storage could maybe be a touch bigger, then again I do carry more stuff than most :D
Don't forget as well, there seems to be an issue with clips for the straps on SM carry bags, I've had two break (within a month of new) and others on here have had identical problems.
I ended up buying a couple of cheap square carabinas rather go through the rigmarole of getting the strap replaced yet again.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. The bag is for my son, Christmas, and his eyes lit up at the thought of a Sun Mountain bag. There are some good Callaway bags on sale at the moment but he has had one for the past 3 years and whilst it has served him well he would like a different brand this time. Apparently SM have cred with teenage golfers!

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. The bag is for my son, Christmas, and his eyes lit up at the thought of a Sun Mountain bag. There are some good Callaway bags on sale at the moment but he has had one for the past 3 years and whilst it has served him well he would like a different brand this time. Apparently SM have cred with teenage golfers!

I've the h2no 10 way and it's a great bag in the rain. Not had any issues with it, other than the lack of drinks pocket (which my last bag had) so my 1ltr sports bottle has to sit in a side pocket.

The colourways are bright, and very "young". Hence why 30 year old me got one. Keep in with the kids, innit.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a 3.5 (before that a 14 way 4.5) and it's fantastic. Never had any problems with straps or such like. The stands are brilliant. You won't go wrong with either.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought the H2NO cart bag in AG's sale recently, could do with a lot more pocket space but I guess it will keep the rain out!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Left work early and drove down to AG. Saw one 3.5LS in bright blue and picked it up. I couldn't see any HN2O bags so went to the till. "All gone I'm afraid". No decision required then.

Not the biggest bag, nor much pocket space but it's not for sensible old me, it's for a daft 17 yr old. It's ridiculously light and is a fun colour.

The best news, the bag was reduced from £159 to £127.99. The 50% discount ended up coming off the sale price so the bag was just £64. Now that is a cracking deal.