Sun Mountain bag falling apart

chickenwings

Visit site
I've had a couple of Sun Mountain stand bags and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
I did have an issue with one bag but I spoke to the UK distributor (Brand Fusion I think) and they couldn't have been more helpful.
Might be worth a try.
Thanks for the information about the importer. I have just tried and they are hiding behind the 12 month warranty. I feel that in this instance the Sale of Goods Act might offer support as it doesn't necessarily rely on warranties.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks for the information about the importer. I have just tried and they are hiding behind the 12 month warranty. I feel that in this instance the Sale of Goods Act might offer support as it doesn't necessarily rely on warranties.

The SoG won’t help you as your contract is with whom you bought the bag off, and if it’s out of warranty, that’s that!

If the fault is deemed to be something the manufacturer is aware of and there are other reports of it on a wider scale, then you could threaten legal proceedings that it should, as a high end product, wear much better and without fault greater than what it has, but that’s a thin line.

The importer has no legal responsibilities in this, your only 2 aims of attack are with whom you purchased it from and the manufacturer, and the only thing the seller can do is send it back to the manufacturer for them to inspect and repair or replace and if it’s out of warranty, that would only be in good faith without any form of admittance to a fault.

chickenwings

Visit site
The SoG won’t help you as your contract is with whom you bought the bag off, and if it’s out of warranty, that’s that!

If the fault is deemed to be something the manufacturer is aware of and there are other reports of it on a wider scale, then you could threaten legal proceedings that it should, as a high end product, wear much better and without fault greater than what it has, but that’s a thin line.

The importer has no legal responsibilities in this, your only 2 aims of attack are with whom you purchased it from and the manufacturer, and the only thing the seller can do is send it back to the manufacturer for them to inspect and repair or replace and if it’s out of warranty, that would only be in good faith without any form of admittance to a fault.
Yes, have just looked up the latest Act and you are correct. This conversation has been interesting in that it illustrates that others have had similar problems, I can't be bothered to hassle the dealer any more, they have been as helpful as they can so I will just put it down to experience, get another bag and offer this one to the juniors section who might be able to effect a repair.

Many thanks all for sharing your experiences and thoughts

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a H2NO Superlite Cart bag in 2017 and after just a season and a half it is falling apart; the stitching that attaches the head to the fabric of the body has come undone and the carry handle is no longer effective, the press studs for the rain hood have ripped out and the drinks cooler compartment is spit.

Even though it is older than 12 months as it is a premium priced product I would expect it to last a lot longer than it has. The dealer says that as it is out of warranty all they will do is a discount on a new bag which is OK but I don't want to spend again so soon.

Has anyone else had this type of issue and how was it resolved?

Speak to them! I’ve had two H2NO BAGS and I’ve replaced both as impulse buys not because of wear and tear.

On my current bag I closed the stand leg in the boot of the car and the bag was only 5 months old. I phoned their customer service and advised of my blonde moment to see if I could buy a leg. The insisted I sent the bag back which the previous years and replaced it with that years model without charge.

For that reason alone I doubt I’d ever buy another bag

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Speak to them! I’ve had two H2NO BAGS and I’ve replaced both as impulse buys not because of wear and tear.

On my current bag I closed the stand leg in the boot of the car and the bag was only 5 months old. I phoned their customer service and advised of my blonde moment to see if I could buy a leg. The insisted I sent the bag back which the previous years and replaced it with that years model without charge.

For that reason alone I doubt I’d ever buy another bag

Not quite sure I understand this? It reads that you broke your bag, but they still replaced it for you without charge, and as a result, you wouldn't buy from them again. Or have I read that completely wrong?

Interested in this thread as am in the market for a waterproof bag and was giving the H2NO some serious consideration

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite sure I understand this? It reads that you broke your bag, but they still replaced it for you without charge, and as a result, you wouldn't buy from them again. Or have I read that completely wrong?

Interested in this thread as am in the market for a waterproof bag and was giving the H2NO some serious consideration

As a couple of others have said, if you're looking for a waterproof bag, then Ouul bags are well worth a look. Mine is a rather fetching (eyecatching, some say) green & yellow colour scheme. It is more waterproof than an otter's backside - provided you remember to zip the pockets that is. (Only issue i've had is that they are not squirrel-proof. Some varmint has chewed through it to get at a Kit-kat that l somehow neglected to eat. ☹ )

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
As a couple of others have said, if you're looking for a waterproof bag, then Ouul bags are well worth a look. Mine is a rather fetching (eyecatching, some say) green & yellow colour scheme. It is more waterproof than an otter's backside - provided you remember to zip the pockets that is. (Only issue i've had is that they are not squirrel-proof. Some varmint has chewed through it to get at a Kit-kat that l somehow neglected to eat. ☹ )

Thanks for that, but don't like them, not a fan of the texture/ pattern on the ones I've seen. Big Max are the H2NO alternatives I'm looking at, possibly one of the hybrids.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You are correct in some aspects:

I broke the bag and contacted them to see if I could but the spare part o repair it as the bag was like new. The customer services said that they didn’t sell spares but as the bag was like new could I drop it to my pro shop who would send it back to them.

They replaced the bag with a brand new current model.

For that alone I would only now buy a sun mountain or titleist bag as their after sales service is outstanding

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've moved away from Sun Mountain after my H2NO cart bag zips (2 of them) started to fail and broke and found out that there's no way of repairing them!

I was unhappy that they failed within 3 years of purchase for such a high-end product, and the guidance and help from Sun Mountain when I contacted them was poor as there customer services is only abroad with no UK agent as such to help in any after-sales way, so if its out of warranty, tough titty!

I've now got a Big Max combined Cart & Carry bag called the Aqua Hybrid which is fully waterproof, excellent amount of pockets, and I'm very happy with it. I've carried it for the first few outings but haven't used it on my trolley yet, but she's a looker as well IMO.

View attachment 26794 View attachment 26795 View attachment 26796

Looks exactly like the older 2012 H2NO. I have to agree that the h2no and h2no lite seem to be getting a bit small on the main pocket but I suppose it’s a trade off in trying to get them as light as poss

mikevet

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought a Sun Mountain H2NO Lite about 3 years ago. The first waterproof zip broke in normal use after 18 months, and SM weren't interested when I contacted them. Second zip now gone. I won't be buying another …..

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Was in the silvermere pro shop yesterday for a mooch around as passing, had another look at the Ouul bags, boy they are minging designs. On the other hand the new waterproof Motocaddy hybrid bag has probably just pipped all the others. Great looking bag, good design and has a proper cart base as well as stand legs. My only concern would be the resilience of the quick release strap locks.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a H2NO Superlite Cart bag in 2017 and after just a season and a half it is falling apart; the stitching that attaches the head to the fabric of the body has come undone and the carry handle is no longer effective, the press studs for the rain hood have ripped out and the drinks cooler compartment is spit.

Even though it is older than 12 months as it is a premium priced product I would expect it to last a lot longer than it has. The dealer says that as it is out of warranty all they will do is a discount on a new bag which is OK but I don't want to spend again so soon.

Has anyone else had this type of issue and how was it resolved?
I had an issue with a Sun Mountain bag. I was given a number to call by the retailer. If I remember correctly it was the importer or UK agent. I politely explained my issue and the response was frankly jaw dropping. So bad in fact that I just went back to the retailer and told them as I had purchased the bag from them it was their problem and they shouldn’t expect their customers to have to deal with their rude suppliers. I was told they couldn’t do anything so I asked for contact details of someone higher up. I emailed one of the directors and received a response that they would change the bag, even though they didn’t expect Sun Mountain to recompense them. He said he had 4 returned bags in his office with similar issues.
Before this point I don’t think I had ever made a complaint about anything I had bought. I fully accept that things go wrong. It was the way the phone call was handled that made this so bad and left me with no trust in the manufacturer or their willingness to resolve a simple issue.
A lesson I learned earlier in my career was that you can gain a good customer by the way you handle a complaint. In other words, turn a disadvantage into an advantage. The end result was that I use the retailer regularly (spent £500 there last Friday and drove 50 miles out of my way to buy there) and I will never buy anything from Sun Mountain again. Like the OP I guess, I was really disappointed in the quality of what is suppose to be a premium product and carries a premium price tag.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've moved away from Sun Mountain after my H2NO cart bag zips (2 of them) started to fail and broke and found out that there's no way of repairing them!

I was unhappy that they failed within 3 years of purchase for such a high-end product, and the guidance and help from Sun Mountain when I contacted them was poor as there customer services is only abroad with no UK agent as such to help in any after-sales way, so if its out of warranty, tough titty!

I've now got a Big Max combined Cart & Carry bag called the Aqua Hybrid which is fully waterproof, excellent amount of pockets, and I'm very happy with it. I've carried it for the first few outings but haven't used it on my trolley yet, but she's a looker as well IMO.

View attachment 26794 View attachment 26795 View attachment 26796

Well the 'ball pocket' on the lower front of the bag has failed after just 10 months!

I had noticed a slight fraying around the zips used the most, obviously the ball pocket will always be one of them, on closer inspection and whilst out on the Hotchkin yesterday I had cause to go into the ball pocket to reload as I lost my ball off the tee on the 13th :(

I noticed the zip had started to come away from the main bag material, meaning I had to squeeze it together to get it to zip close again :mad:

Popped into my Pro shop on my way home where he has taken some photo's of it so he can ask how Big Max want to go about it. Obviously this will no doubt be into the New Year now, which means my bag currently isn't waterproof, but it's well in warranty so I don't expect any drama's.

TBC........