Sun Mountain bag falling apart

chickenwings

Visit site
I bought a H2NO Superlite Cart bag in 2017 and after just a season and a half it is falling apart; the stitching that attaches the head to the fabric of the body has come undone and the carry handle is no longer effective, the press studs for the rain hood have ripped out and the drinks cooler compartment is spit.

Even though it is older than 12 months as it is a premium priced product I would expect it to last a lot longer than it has. The dealer says that as it is out of warranty all they will do is a discount on a new bag which is OK but I don't want to spend again so soon.

Has anyone else had this type of issue and how was it resolved?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nope, have mine 3 years easily and it’s in great nick. Either take it back to where you bought it or contact Sun Mountain directly with photos - nothing to lose, it should last longer than that

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope. Had H2No bags for years. Only reason I bought the second one was because after many years of use, the padding was wearing through meaning shaft rub.

Other than that, the only problem I had was some fabric wear from the leg mechanism rubbing and Sun Mountain changed the bag without problem (yes, under guarantee).

Interesting 1st post - looking for social media backing in a dispute???

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Only problem I have had with my H2NO stand bag, was the partition at the top wore away very quickly through to the metal. Not good for the shaft of my driver and three wood.:( Tried padding it out without much success.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had 4 Mountain bags,all cart bags. The only problem I have ever had was on an H2N0 cart bag about 5 years ago where one of the press studs pulled out the hood. I got some press stud kits off ebay and fixed it myself, and was undetectable.
I have to say either you have a real lemon, or someone is a little heavy heanded?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had four plastic carry strap holder things fail within a couple of months. First time the pro replaced the strap no problem, second time I couldn’t be @rsed and replaced the broken bits with carabina clips as the originals look really cheap and a disaster waiting to happen. I think this is a common fault as it’s been mentioned on here a few times.
The zip on my top front pocket failed about a year ago deeming it kinda non waterproof.
Bag is about 2 years old btw.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
my H2NO carry bag strap has broken so many times

Total load of crap, cheap flimsy plastic materials

Would never buy their products again

mister v

Visit site
i was just about to pull the trigger on a carry bag, but im a little concerned about some of the comments, im pretty sure that it depends on amount of time you use it, store it, throw it in the back of the car etc...... but a premium price for a premium product is fair if it is a premium product!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
i was just about to pull the trigger on a carry bag, but im a little concerned about some of the comments, im pretty sure that it depends on amount of time you use it, store it, throw it in the back of the car etc...... but a premium price for a premium product is fair if it is a premium product!!

No mate, mine broke after 2 months, hardly a lot of use and no banging it around, it was stored in my locker as well. Played maybe three times a week, that’s a failure after about 30 rounds. Then it failed again after a similar time period. The bag itself is great, it’s just those plastic clip things for the strap which are the weak point.

chickenwings

Visit site
Thanks all.

Leftie, I am not looking for social media support just some shared views, I look after my gear, have had my irons and putter 15 years with no probs. Seems a few others confirm my thinking that their products aren't real value. Think I will replace with another brand, maybe OuuL or Powakaddy in time.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No mate, mine broke after 2 months, hardly a lot of use and no banging it around, it was stored in my locker as well. Played maybe three times a week, that’s a failure after about 30 rounds. Then it failed again after a similar time period. The bag itself is great, it’s just those plastic clip things for the strap which are the weak point.

Exactly the same as me

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
My original bag must be at least 5 years old now and, having patched up the padding, still carry it about 3 times a week in the winter leaving it in the car boot between rounds. Probably done 400, maybe 500, rounds with it. The replacement bag, bought a couple of years or so ago, is mainly used on the trolley so cannot comment on the strap on that bag.

Can only comment on my experience with the product which I bought in the first instance on the recommendation of 2 of my usual playing partners who had already been using the bags for some time (and still are!).

DON'T buy white though - looks sexy to start with but can't keep it pristine.;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thanks all.

Leftie, I am not looking for social media support just some shared views, I look after my gear, have had my irons and putter 15 years with no probs. Seems a few others confirm my thinking that their products aren't real value. Think I will replace with another brand, maybe OuuL or Powakaddy in time.

Got an Ouul cart bag, never heard of them and it's a thing of beauty, I said this the other week when someone had a chipped Cobra driver. If no one mentions it, how do we know there is a problem. Is it isolated or is it more than just an isolated incident. Seems to me it is the latter..

mister v

Visit site
great shout on the Ouul bag....... never heard of them but im up for giving it a go , i haven't bought anything golf related today and was getting a bit twitchy !!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've moved away from Sun Mountain after my H2NO cart bag zips (2 of them) started to fail and broke and found out that there's no way of repairing them!

I was unhappy that they failed within 3 years of purchase for such a high-end product, and the guidance and help from Sun Mountain when I contacted them was poor as there customer services is only abroad with no UK agent as such to help in any after-sales way, so if its out of warranty, tough titty!

I've now got a Big Max combined Cart & Carry bag called the Aqua Hybrid which is fully waterproof, excellent amount of pockets, and I'm very happy with it. I've carried it for the first few outings but haven't used it on my trolley yet, but she's a looker as well IMO.

IMG_5535.JPG IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5538.JPG

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the super lightweight SM carry bag. It's about 2 years old, but is well past it's best. The padding for the club dividers is toast, the internal partitions have come away from the base, zips all still work and shoulder pads are ok. It's faded from deep orange to washed out orange. The rubber feet on the stands, fell off (I replaced them with rubber caps from B&Q). Not massively impressed but did like the lightweight, which I am guessing makes an impression on the longevity of the product. Will probably look for an alternative make next.

mister v

Visit site
I've moved away from Sun Mountain after my H2NO cart bag zips (2 of them) started to fail and broke and found out that there's no way of repairing them!

I was unhappy that they failed within 3 years of purchase for such a high-end product, and the guidance and help from Sun Mountain when I contacted them was poor as there customer services is only abroad with no UK agent as such to help in any after-sales way, so if its out of warranty, tough titty!

I've now got a Big Max combined Cart & Carry bag called the Aqua Hybrid which is fully waterproof, excellent amount of pockets, and I'm very happy with it. I've carried it for the first few outings but haven't used it on my trolley yet, but she's a looker as well IMO.

View attachment 26794 View attachment 26795 View attachment 26796
that sir is just the ticket!! Im a huge fan of massive cart bags, but carry bags can be a little on the small side........ winner winner chicken dinner.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had a couple of Sun Mountain stand bags and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
I did have an issue with one bag but I spoke to the UK distributor (Brand Fusion I think) and they couldn't have been more helpful.
Might be worth a try.