Stupid things you do

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
So i think i win an award this morning...

From about 8AM there has been a smoke alarm going off from next door, started to bug me after about 20 minutes... Saw the guy get in his car and go out! I thought to my self, 'what a door knob'. I knocked on the door and no answer, So i called the fire station for their advice. They said they would send an engine to come check it out..

5 minutes of walking round the place they ask me if it could be coming from my side of the fence? I said no chance,

Guy opens my wheelie bin to find the old smoke alarm i changed yesterday happily beeping away in my bin..:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

To say i went red was an understatement... If you can't laugh at yourself, what can you do? The fire guys were cool and were on overtime, so they were happy!

Anyone got any similar idiotic confessions?

D

Deleted member 16999

Brilliant, I'll be telling a few people that story😃

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Similar confessions? No. You're on your own with that one!

No he's not! :eek:

A few months ago we kept hearing a beep beep beep in the hallway. Our alarm sounder box is sited in the hall cupboard. I said to the wife there's something wrong with the alarm - she happens to work for the company that fitted it. So we called in a favour to the service manager, who lives close by. He came round that evening and the first thing he said was that it was not the alarm box. I said it must be, there's nothing else in the cupboard. He seemed quite confident that it was not the alarm and tested the control box in the attic and sure enough - no problem.

He then said that there must be something else in that cupboard! By this time we were having a bit of a laugh about it all. I too was confident and said, "Let's clear the cupboard and you'll see there's nothing there".

He reached right at the back of the top shelf and found the old Carbon Monoxide fitting that was changed at the last gas service, beeping away...................I'd forgotten all about it!

I sent the wife in the next day with a nice bottle of red for his troubles. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I think Scooter is vary brave /very stupid *delete as necessary
For admitting this to the whole forum
A lifetime of people pointing and sniggering awaits you :)

Fnarr fnarr :) :rofl:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think Scooter is vary brave /very stupid *delete as necessary
For admitting this to the whole forum
A lifetime of people pointing and sniggering awaits you :)

Fnarr fnarr :) :rofl:

If you can't take the mickey out of yourself for being a doorknob, then the world
Is a sorry place! Glad my stupidity has brought a few smiles!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I do recall starting a previous thread. Nowt will beat me asking my freshly bald headed mate how much money he raised for charity, to remember he just gone though chemo...

Ouch!

That's up there along with asking a fat woman "when is the baby due." Which obviously I haven't done *cough.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Best one I did was a girl in the office was having her boyfriend pick her up for lunch. A couple of the other women said they wanted to see what he looked at as they had heard he was pretty fit. I commented, "you'll recognise him by the ankle bracelet".

Turns out he only had one from a previous offence.