Strange Things You See

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

Strange Things You See​

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Roy Batty.

sunshine

Visit site
I’ve flown from one side of the galaxy to the other, I’ve seen a lot of strange stuff, but I’ve never seen anything to make me believe there’s one all-powerful force controlling everything.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There is was a well known spot near the 13th green at Wimbledon Common that use to be a haunt for gay men back in the late 80's when homosexuality wasn't as openly embraced as it is now. A playing partner who was a rather senior golfer, but very well to do (ex RAF etc) hit it long and right into the sunken ground where two gentlemen with minimal clothing on were getting acquainted with each other. He simply played his shot and carried on as though they were never there. Stiff upper lip although inside I reckon there was some tut tutting going on and a letter to the papers being drafted

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not in the same risque category as the previous entires but... Took delivery of a rare white label record today. The seller did call out that the centre labels were heavily marked, turned out it was a spot of mold on them so I decided to just remove them and replace them with nice new, clean ones.

Never seen it before when replacing a label but underneath was another label (obviously an imprint as it was backwards) for a completely different record label and artist. The tracks pressed on the vinyl are the correct ones for the white label I bought. I wonder if the rarity of the white label meant the pressing house just used whatever blanks they had lying around.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Not in the same risque category as the previous entires but... Took delivery of a rare white label record today. The seller did call out that the centre labels were heavily marked, turned out it was a spot of mold on them so I decided to just remove them and replace them with nice new, clean ones.

Never seen it before when replacing a label but underneath was another label (obviously an imprint as it was backwards) for a completely different record label and artist. The tracks pressed on the vinyl are the correct ones for the white label I bought. I wonder if the rarity of the white label meant the pressing house just used whatever blanks they had lying around.
Surely that doesn't make sense. The labels are attached simultaneously as the record is pressed.
Must have been that the wrong labels were loaded into the press and replacement correct ones manually added later.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely that doesn't make sense. The labels are attached simultaneously as the record is pressed.
Must have been that the wrong labels were loaded into the press and replacement correct ones manually added later.
Doesn’t explain why its backwards though.

Not sure how small pressing houses operate versus the big boys.

Grizzly

Visit site
Not that unusual - I should preface this by saying I have a LOT of records - I reckon I've got around about twenty misprints or mislabelled at home. The most interesting is an LP with a label from a 7" single on one side! :rolleyes:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not that unusual - I should preface this by saying I have a LOT of records - I reckon I've got around about twenty misprints or mislabelled at home. The most interesting is an LP with a label from a 7" single on one side! :rolleyes:
Yeah, I have a shed load of records too and have probably 50 or so mis-labelled where the wrong label has been applied and sold that way. But this is the first case where I've found a white label has been put over another but the track is actually correct.

I've got similar in that a 12" EP looks like one side has been pressed with either a 7" 0r 10" track. Massive run in and run out grooves.

Anyway, it was nowt more than a bemusement to me that such an oddity exists.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Beatles red album which is a double LP. (Their early hits album). Both records are fine with the correct labels and songs. The inner sleeves have the words on each side that correspond to each side of the record. Side one and side two are correct. But the inner sleeve for sides three and four is wrong. It has the words for side three but the words for side four are missing. Instead the words for side two are repeated. Not sure if this is a common error or whether there are not many of them.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Dunno if it’s the same but I have a DVD of Lord of the Rings but inside the case its actually a disc with the George of the Jungle film starring Brendan Fraser!