Student/Colt looking in the Camberley/Yateley/Sandhurst Area!

BigBane

Visit site
Hello,
I’m a budding young golfer in the area above looking for the best value membership near me. I’ve done my own research but have come here to discuss and learn any inside info!
I love the look of bearwood lakes and sand martins, but I don’t know a lot about Camberley based clubs. Camberley Heath sounds good and I’ve heard great things about Hartley Whitney. I live on the border of Surrey/Berkshire and Hampshire, so anywhere around there as a suggestion would be great.
Anywhere well priced for young people with great facilities and a brilliant course would be awesome!

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Don’t know anything about priceing for young people but I was a member of Tylney Park for 6 years, can get a bit muddy in winter but a nice friendly club, never too busy and good practice facilities. Sand Martins I’ve heard gets very busy and has a hefty joining fee. Not sure where I would join if I went back to that area, probably Tylney but Hartly Whitney is ok, North Hants nice but too dear, Camberley nice but too dear, Dummer is good depending on whereabouts you are.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hartley Witney is good but closes a lot in winter. North Hants is where I play but we have quite a healthy waiting list. Crowthorne is a good course if you’ve not tried it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hartley Witney is good but closes a lot in winter. North Hants is where I play but we have quite a healthy waiting list. Crowthorne is a good course if you’ve not tried it.
Crowthorne? I assume you mean East Berks?

Sand Martins is a real society cash cow and as you have to book tee times it can be a pain to get times to suit especially in the summer. I understand Camberley Heath has had some work done on it and still gets wet as does Bearwood Lakes and Tylney. Mike Harris the GM editor is the man to ask about Hartley Witney as I think he's still a member there

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Crowthorne? I assume you mean East Berks?

Sand Martins is a real society cash cow and as you have to book tee times it can be a pain to get times to suit especially in the summer. I understand Camberley Heath has had some work done on it and still gets wet as does Bearwood Lakes and Tylney. Mike Harris the GM editor is the man to ask about Hartley Witney as I think he's still a member there
Petty sure that’s not correct for SandMartins anymore, the new owners were reducing the amount of societies, I never had an issue getting tee times.

if you can pick & choose any of those courses, it’s got to be Bearwood Lakes.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Petty sure that’s not correct for SandMartins anymore, the new owners were reducing the amount of societies, I never had an issue getting tee times.

I know a few people that are members and it is still a frequent complaint. I know the new owners have a bold five year plan on and off the course and that will have to be funded somehow and so society income will surely still be an important revenue string for the foreseeable future.

D

Deleted member 1147

Don’t bother Dave, you’re trying to discuss with a man who mistakes his own opinion with fact.