New to the forum - looking for new club in Surrey

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Mill Ride is not a bad course, suspect it can get very muddy in wet times.

The member I played there with is leaving to join Camberley. One of his main reasons is the greens at Mill Ride are not very good. I only played there once and they were not too bad - member told me that they were the best they have been all year!

Played Mill Ride quite a bit. Greens are pretty adequate generally but recovering from fusarium at the moment. Improve markedly once heat arrives. Soggy areas are not in areas where your ball should be - apart from left of 3rd.

Some very good holes and a few 'funky' ones. Probably my favourite starting hole - simple but not easy par 5.

Was qualifier for Seniors Open when it was held at Sunningdale - as was Camberley Heath and Berkshire Red. Mill Ride scores were a couple of shots higher than both those.

Don't think there's an Intermediate membership, but they'd probably do a deal. Always seems tight for cash!

Played Puttenham a couple of times quite a while ago. Pleasant (or maybe better) course if a little scruffy (or maybe just where I kept plying from). Disappointing finishing hole as mentioned above.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone played either Mill Ride or Puttenham before?

Have played Puttenham many times over the last couple of years.
Friendly staff, but some members are a little bit up themselves.
There are some very good holes & some very interesting holes but unfortunately the last is a short nothing of a par three at around 150yds, such a shame.
There's a halfway hut that does awesome bacon & egg rolls...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Suggest you wander down there & have a look, not sure what the fees are as I always went as a guest.
Best of luck Jackooo,

Slime.