Stuburt Helium waterproofs - any good?

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Hi all,

After playing only 9 holes of the comp on Sunday morning and walking off the 9th green soaked to the skin I've decided to get some new waterproofs due to 1) my current ones being horrendous and 2)needing lightweight ones as I cant abide wearing them!!

I asked the missus to look for some for me and, without asking, has ordered the Helium full zip jacket and trousers.

I looked online and noticed these are quite cheap which concerns me a bit, I wasnt looking for Galvin Greens or anything but has anyone got the Heliums that can put my mind at rest that they're fit for purpose???

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have these and have never had a problem with them. I recently changed the jacket, purely cos mine was slightly too big, but still wear the waterproof trousers and not once have I experienced any leaking.

They are cheap but certainly do the job and I would definitely recommend them.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a set of these waterproofs and have got on well with them. The main reason I changed was that I needed a longer jacket being quite tall and found I had to readjust the last set every shot - certainly have had no issues with this jacket.

They are comfortable to play in - clearly a bit more restrictive than playing without but that's all relative. I played all winter and was never really troubled by having to wear these. Great windproof protection also.

tholmes

Visit site
I also have some Stuburt wateproofs, I wouldn't say cheap exactly at £99 ish but probably the best waterproofs I've ever had so great value in my opinion, go for it!

Cheers,

T