Oscar Jacobson WPS Waterproofs any good?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an Oscar Jacobson WPS windproof top which I love. Looks smart, soft, no noise, you don't notice it is on. I've got the chance of getting a waterproof jacket from the same range, new, but I can't find any info about how effective the waterproofing is. Does anyone have one? How do you find it?

A recent thread has nudged me into moving my GG jacket into social and dog walking wear, I want something quieter and more flexible for golf

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are waterproof and look v smart.

I’ve had one for years and it still does a job.

However. Recently purchased a paclite GG jacket.

Equally waterproof as you would expect. However it’s totally lightweight and so easy to swing in, in comparison to the OJ.

Be careful on the sizing though. GG runs very small imo.

My OJ is XL, I’ve loads of RLX gear which I’m an XL but my GG is...

XXXL....

??

I’m only a bloody 46 inch chest.

Regardless. The goretex GG gear is very good.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are waterproof and look v smart.

I’ve had one for years and it still does a job.

However. Recently purchased a paclite GG jacket.

Equally waterproof as you would expect. However it’s totally lightweight and so easy to swing in, in comparison to the OJ.

Be careful on the sizing though. GG runs very small imo.

My OJ is XL, I’ve loads of RLX gear which I’m an XL but my GG is...

XXXL....

??

I’m only a bloody 46 inch chest.

Regardless. The goretex GG gear is very good.
My GG is about 10yrs old and whilst it looks perfect still and is wonderfully waterproof it does lack a little flexibility. I bought a Ping short sleeve windproof top this year, it's also waterproof which was a bonus, and that is so much lighter and more comfortable. That has got me thinking, as did the recent thread on this subject.

My GG is a large but in reality is a medium. My OJ windproof is a large and is spot on, allowing for jumpers underneath. I'm hoping the jacket is the same sizing.

The paclite is by its nature uber light. Is the OJ okay by normal comparison to modern gear?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My GG is about 10yrs old and whilst it looks perfect still and is wonderfully waterproof it does lack a little flexibility. I bought a Ping short sleeve windproof top this year, it's also waterproof which was a bonus, and that is so much lighter and more comfortable. That has got me thinking, as did the recent thread on this subject.

My GG is a large but in reality is a medium. My OJ windproof is a large and is spot on, allowing for jumpers underneath. I'm hoping the jacket is the same sizing.

The paclite is by its nature uber light. Is the OJ okay by normal comparison to modern gear?
The new GG are much more flexible, i have one of the newer ones and its night and day comp to the one i had before, put its Gortex which i don't thing the OJ are

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When I bought my GG Jacket about 10 years ago, I went for the Paclite version as opposed to the Performance Shell.
As waterproof was the major factor I went for the Paclite purely because it is lighter than the Performance version so easier to swing in. For warmth I merely layer up.
As for sizing I’m normally XL, but had to get XXL in the Galvin

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
When I bought my GG Jacket about 10 years ago, I went for the Paclite version as opposed to the Performance Shell.
As waterproof was the major factor I went for the Paclite purely because it is lighter than the Performance version so easier to swing in. For warmth I merely layer up.
As for sizing I’m normally XL, but had to get XXL in the Galvin
i was the opposite, i had a paclite and it offered little or no warmth in winter and in summer you sweat like you are weaing a black bin liner, so swapped for the normal with a lining, far better IMO, wicks sweat away, and is plenty warm enough during winter