Strokes Gained

Lee762

Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have just started to track my strokes gained stats and to be honest I am somewhat confused.

These are my stats;

Driving -1.19
Approach -0.59
Short Game -0.94
Putting +1.24

F/W hit 3 out of 7 the other 4 just run through the f/w with and average driving distance of 228yds
Greens hit 6 out of 9
Scrambling 50%
Putts 13

These stats are compared to Tour pro stats according to the app I am using (golf Stats Coach), the stats do drill down a little more and break down the approached shots more.

These stats are based on playing 9 holes at Adare Manor with a score of 37 or 2 over from the Green tees (3027yards)

Any guidance or advice would be great.

Thanks

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What do you want for your golf out of the stats. Two over gross for 9 holes seems pretty darned decent.

How well do you hit the ball - do you actually know; can you make the ball do pretty much what you want it to do - most of the time - and I'm not talking about getting it bang on distance and accuracy - I mean can you fade the ball with, let's say a driver, when you want to fade it.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Do you have to put in the first putt distance or is it doing it by GPS, Your are 1.48 shots over the average score a tour pro would score on your 9 holes, losing 1.19 off the tee which I would guess on being 40 yards short of distance, pretty good approach losing only 0.59, short game and putting gained 0.3, but this would depend on how accurate the first putt distance is recorded.
Also not sure what system of strokes gained you are using, but normally a 6000 yard course would show a 4 to 5 under average score for the pros, so 3027 yards should be 33 average and not 35+, that would be a scratch player average

Lee762

Visit site
What do you want for your golf out of the stats. Two over gross for 9 holes seems pretty darned decent.

How well do you hit the ball - do you actually know; can you make the ball do pretty much what you want it to do - most of the time - and I'm not talking about getting it bang on distance and accuracy - I mean can you fade the ball with, let's say a driver, when you want to fade it.

Hi with the driver I struggle to draw it but fade pretty much fade on request.

Irons are different I can shape a subtle draw but am pretty accurate with a fade.

I know that I am very short off the tee and only decided to compare my stats to a tour pro for a laugh

Lee762

Visit site
Do you have to put in the first putt distance or is it doing it by GPS, Your are 1.48 shots over the average score a tour pro would score on your 9 holes, losing 1.19 off the tee which I would guess on being 40 yards short of distance, pretty good approach losing only 0.59, short game and putting gained 0.3, but this would depend on how accurate the first putt distance is recorded.
Also not sure what system of strokes gained you are using, but normally a 6000 yard course would show a 4 to 5 under average score for the pros, so 3027 yards should be 33 average and not 35+, that would be a scratch player average

Hi with regards to first putt distance this is paced and GPS (no idea why I do both).

So based on the strokes gained on a 9 hole distance would put me at around scratch? I havent held a handicap for several years.

I know I am short on distance off the tee and this leads to some long irons into the greens ( i am in the process of rebuilding the top end of my bag as I am crap with the long irons, but really do not like hybrids)