Stripes on Greens

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I must be way out of touch, I only know of one course that irons their greens and that's only for big comps

We purchased a greens iron a few years back, when used it certainly gives a billiard table effect. I'm not sure how often we use it though, certainly club champs and Presidents Putter, the two main board comps, I'm sure it's used at other times too.

D-S

Visit site
Some of the new bent species are very good, provided your greens have the right soil conditions. They are more disease resistant, slower growing, seed less and grow at lower temperatures than Poa. Good to get into the mix and some of the new varieties are good at overtaking existing grasses.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I must be way out of touch, I only know of one course that irons their greens and that's only for big comps
We do ours every week for comps and a lot of clubs do now.

For the op .
It might be the GK has just put the blades on the mowers up a couple of mm.
During the intense heat we have had the grass gets stressed if it’s cut very short ,,so holds more moisture the longer the grass is left.
This would make them slower into the cut, but not much slower with the cut.( stripes)
If ironed you might not notice until later in the day when it starts to (stick up) again.