Strange Handicap Issue by member (is it an official handicap)

Swango1980

Visit site
A member contacted me, who had been a member for years (but I never heard of), who said he tried to add our club to his howdidido account to track his handicap, but he couldn't find his name on the list. He is a member of another club, and says he uses howdidido to book into things.

So, I checked Club V1, and noticed he has yet to receive a handicap. Therefore, that would be why he is not on the howdidido list for our club. I tried to look up the CDH database for him, but could find no record.

I asked him does he have his CDH number. He sent me a screenshot of his CONGU certificate from howdidido. It refers to him as an AWAY member at this other club, last updated 20/09/20, with a handicap of 0. No sign of a CDH number though. I again double checked the CDH database for a player with his surname and a handicap of 0. Nothing. No idea who his HOME club is, but if it is us, we have never seen a score from him or even given him an initial handicap.

Any idea what is going on? Could this other club have done something dodgy just to give him a 0 handicap and get him on howdidido? It is an RAF club, so not sure how official everything is?

Jimbof

Visit site
I think that some ISV systems do not insist on allocating a CDH number even though they will allocate a handicap and maintain it on their system.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think that some ISV systems do not insist on allocating a CDH number even though they will allocate a handicap and maintain it on their system.
That is true, after setting an initial handicap to a player on Club V1, no CDH is given. That needs to be manually done afterwards.

He has since come back and said his handicap is usually 38, but he had to change it to 0 to sign someones card. His home club is my club. He has been a member since 2009, but I have never heard of him, no scores submitted, and as far as our system is concerned, he is simply a member who has never attempted to get a handicap.

Very strange