Stockport courses

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

A couple of us are stopping over in Stockport prior to a couple of nights at Mottram Hall golf with a society.

Can anyone recommend a half decent but reasonably priced (£20-30) course around Stockport, say within 10 miles or so?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you can get onto Stockport GC then great, but I think it's more than what you're willing to pay. Bramhall Park and Bramhall golf club are also nice but I think are again out of your budget.

Reddish Vale is a lovely course so would be my choice. Hazel Grove is also close by but I've never played it, so can't comment.

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site
Reddish Vale is Mickey Mouse, avoid!!!
Hazel Grove great course, good test.
Romiley another good course and test
Stockport up its own arse but a very good course
Marple and Disley, quirky but good fun

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hazel grove is excellent. Disley is better though. Davenport is ok. I like Chorlton. Not a fan of northendon or withington. Avoid Marple, it's rubbish. My place, Styal is nice and flat but very busy at the moment and not very interesting. So to conclude, I'd pick Disley every time.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you want to play at Hazel Grove drop me a line I will get you on as guests, if there is more than three let me know I am sure I can work something out for you.

Excellent, thank you. We’re just sitting out a few things so will give you a shout ??