Stock piling , panic buying.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
went to Lakeside Costco Saturday afternoon.
Took 10 mins to get in.
No queues at checkout, plenty of bog roll if you wanted it but limited to two per member.
Had some great deals on fresh meat and fish

Might have to venture over I do like their 12 tins of beans for £10

The one on way to work at chingford is disgusting ATM. Hour queue to get in and people behaving like idiots

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
went to Lakeside Costco Saturday afternoon.
Took 10 mins to get in.
No queues at checkout, plenty of bog roll if you wanted it but limited to two per member.
Had some great deals on fresh meat and fish
Bletchingly to Lakeside for shopping? Not really within the spirit of "non-essential travel" I'd have thought?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got my Tesco home delivery order yesterday, shared with youngest daughter.
80 items [max] ordered 78 delivered thankfully including all of my wife's gluten/lacto free stuff, OK for a couple of weeks now,
Asda shop booked for next week but no more Tesco ones for 3 weeks now.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had my home delivery yesterday. Mine also had items in for youngest daughter. Only had the gnocchi I wanted missing and a couple of substitutions. Delivery driver said he'd delivered 11 crates to an old lady beforehand and her order had included 60 eggs. We hoped that she was buying in for others and it wasn't going to be wasted. The vans only have capacity for 80 crates at a time so he said they are actually doing less deliveries than before as people are buying more in one go.

sunshine

Visit site
Can we please rename this thread "what's in the shopping trolley" (WITT)? Then the usual suspects can give us a daily update of their most mundane purchases :LOL:

Some people are struggling to keep their post count high now they can no longer give us a daily update on which holes are open on their golf course.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can we please rename this thread "what's in the shopping trolley" (WITT)? Then the usual suspects can give us a daily update of their most mundane purchases :LOL:

Some people are struggling to keep their post count high now they can no longer give us a daily update on which holes are open on their golf course.
It does seem like people are going shopping every day or every other day despite the advice to do it as infrequently as possible. Surely you can get away with going once or twice a week tops?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

One of the post counters appears to have spat the dummy!

?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just home from Lidl. Didn't feel at all comfortable being up close to other humans who may be infected (scary I feel this way!) but shelves pretty good so we should be ok for a couple of weeks. Not in a hurry to go out again at the moment apart from the fields around here where it's very quiet and easy to give folk an extra wide berth!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just home from Lidl. Didn't feel at all comfortable being up close to other humans who may be infected (scary I feel this way!) but shelves pretty good so we should be ok for a couple of weeks. Not in a hurry to go out again at the moment apart from the fields around here where it's very quiet and easy to give folk an extra wide berth!

Have to agree with that, was at a supermarket on saturday morning (first time since it has been marked up for social distancing) and it deed feel very weird and a little bit scary. Especially found that when queuing to pay with the checkout staff all in gloves and masks. Odd to think that crowded shops may take a little getting used to again after.

D

Deleted member 23270

Might have to venture over I do like their 12 tins of beans for £10

The one on way to work at chingford is disgusting ATM. Hour queue to get in and people behaving like idiots
Maybe something to do with normal households buying 90 bog rolls at a time? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 23270

As stated in my post. I always do it. The minimum buying online is 2 packs which is 90.... Can't order less as it's the minimum.
Excellent, you'll have plenty to hand out to those that don't have any ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excellent, you'll have plenty to hand out to those that don't have any ?

Exactly. If my nan needs any she is more than welcome to it.

They were out of stock online during all this but now back in stock so can clearly cope with demand. The shops have theirs left which people can get readily again.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our purchases list for this evening when we pop in to the store on our walk - ham, carrots, milk, chocolate and nuts (chocolate and nuts being essential survival food as any walker kno). That it's.

D

Deleted member 23270

Exactly. If my nan needs any she is more than welcome to it.

They were out of stock online during all this but now back in stock so can clearly cope with demand. The shops have theirs left which people can get readily again.
Send some down my way, still difficult to get a hold of.