Still slicing and hooking and fatting it, lol

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
Took a video of my swing at the range the other day, hitting a lot fat, slicing them and hooking my driver, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KhT3F4Do0A

Can someone please help me on a drill or anything to help.
I dont think i am transfering my weight properly for one and i think i must leave the clubfacev open at impact too.

I have been trying over the last few days to start the downswing with my legs and rotating my hips instead of my shoulder but seem to be getting no where.

I will add another swing as soon as it has uploaded.

Thanks
Ian :)

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The slices are probably happening cos the ball is well below your feet :D

Do you have a video from the front? It looks like your keeping the weight on your back foot through impact, but difficult to see from that camera angle

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Ian i havnt even looked at your swing yet,but if your having major problems you need a lesson,it must be fundamentals,grip,allignment etc.Get back to basics.Also why is your handicap n/a your only going to improve if you take it seriously.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched the vid,it looks like your weight is on your toes and you are struggling to maintain balance at the end,thus leading to your swing being out to in causing the slice,try keeping you weight on the balls of your feet,this will help.

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
another video here too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlxJ_yIgN3E

I will take a look at the thread Bob, I have N/A as handicap because i am not a member anywhere yet so dont have one, i only normally play once a week at the moment as the weather and daylight hours are not permitting.

I agree with the weight staying on my back foot, are there any drills to try and sort this out?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree with the weight staying on my back foot, are there any drills to try and sort this out?

Kick your right knee in towards your left in the downswing until you can see your right heel 3-4 inches off the ground at impact. :)

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll give that a try tomorrow at the range, and the next day, and the day after, lol.

Putting is getting slightly better though with the V-Easy :)

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
Went today and took another Video, more than less the same as last time but i tried the sponges drill that bob has in his post. How far from the ball do you have these? i had them about a clubhead and half width from the ball infront of me and behind the ball. I cleaned the headcover up the 1st shot and it went down the range, lol.

Out of 60 balls only connected with the headcover about 3 times, always the one infront of the ball.

I will get a video up in a minute :)