Stewart golf push trolley - umbrella holder is a joke

MarkGSnape

Visit site
I recently bought a Stewart Push Trolley and am sufficiently incensed by the attitude of the Customer Service people at Stewart and the garbage quality of the umbrella holder that I have decided to post online!

the first time I put my umbrella in the umbrella holder on my trolley was a relatively calm day and I moved the trolley 2 yards over a curb in the car park at my club. The holder snapped! I emailed Stewart and was astonished at their response "the umbrella holder is just there for putting your umbrella while you play a shot, it is not to be used whilst moving the trolley. The damage to your umbrella holder is not covered under warranty and therefore a replacement will cost £15".
Stewart beleive that players should e holding their brolley in their hands on the course - whilst I can understand why Stewart would have this approach for their very expensive remote control motorised trolley, I am intrigued as to how I am supposed to push a non motorised trolley along whilst also holding the brolley - I only have 2 hands. Te design of the umbrella holder is flimsy, cheap and an obvious mistake when compared to every other push trolley. I previously had a Clikgear trolley and this had a very robust brolley holder.
i would not have bought the Stewart trolley had I known about their crap design and even worse customer service. If you are thinking about it, think again.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a motocaddy and the umbrella holder is great ... except my umbrella doesn't have a round handle (posh odyssey one with shaped handle) and so doesn't sit in it properly :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When Fragger got his Z3 he swapped his PK brolly holder for the Stewart one and gave it to me.
I used it for about 2 minutes - it's made of the same material Fundy's made of....

Last edited by a moderator:

big_eck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i bought a stewart push trolley as well and didnt even bother putting the brolly holder on because i did notice it said its only for taking a shot and if you want the proper brolly holder send us some money and we can give you a real one. seems a bit nuts considering its a £180 push trolley! should have all the bells and whistles!

but got to admit its a nice looking piece of kit

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
As imurg said earlier, I used my old Powakaddy one as it is much sturdier

used it several times in decent winds, so happy to recommend

Shame that the Stewart version doesnt live up to the reputation and quality of its other products and maybe they should be doing something about it

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've got a click gear trolley and I love it, although the brolly holder is brilliant I wouldn't recommend using the flimsy clip on the handle to retain the holder when not in use . Mine fell off so many times that I keep it in the bag now.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have had a search tonight and Stewart has a larger Umbrella holder to fit the Z Series trolleys which is a lot more study than the one supplied with the trolley.

Should have been this sturdy as standard IMO but I've ordered one from Snainton Golf for £20, although it's marked as not being available till the end of Jan. Will resolve the only issue I have with an otherwise excellent trolley.

Last edited:

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm very much a supporter of Stewart Golf, especially the Z3, but have to concur about the brolly holder being a weak link in an otherwise fine piece of kit.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well I've used the trolley twice, not in wind and not using the brolly holders, and it's crapped itself. Gonna drop Stewart a email as I can't believe the brolly holder broke given it had not been used,,,, ever!