Sterne drop on the 17th at Abu Dhabi

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
No artificially surfaced paths anywhere??

Interestingly this is how the new model Local Rule reads:

All roads and paths on the course or identify particular types or locations, even if not artificially-surfaced, are treated as immovable obstructions from which free relief is allowed under Rule 16.1.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interestingly this is how the new model Local Rule reads:

All roads and paths on the course or identify particular types or locations, even if not artificially-surfaced, are treated as immovable obstructions from which free relief is allowed under Rule 16.1.
I think you are at cross purposes with doublebogey7; he is referencing a situation that is an IO unless ruled differently by LR and you are referencing a model LR than can be implemented for paths that wouldn't otherwise be IOs. 🤔

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
What I do know is that I've played there for over 60 years &, apart from the sprinkler heads, I've never come across one.
OK - my point is that, for example, a lorry crossing the course spills a telegraph pole (or similar) and it ends up across a fairway. Before anyone can get out any paint, or otherwise rule, along you come in your comp and your ball (inevitably) rolls under the thing, which is too heavy to move.
By definition it's an immovable obstruction, and it's on your course. You get relief under the relevant rule.