Stay centred and keep weight left...

Andr3w

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a lesson a couple of days ago and when the instructor said this I started thinking of stack and tilt and understood that this was now discredited and wishing I hadn't wasted £50, however...

I'm dumbfounded by how quickly my ball contact has improved - literally on the first hit. I'm now compressing the ball like never before and getting a great balanced finish.

I no longer make a big turn off the ball and it all just seems so much easier. My next thought though is whether to go for a "full fat" stack & tilt swing or just to borrow some of the concepts? Any thoughts? Does anyone stack and tilt with success?

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you know what you've just done!!!

I'm sure James will be along very shortly to pimp his S&M, sorry S&T services to you and extol the virtues

Haha, I'm surprised he's not here already.

That said, when I started playing again last year I moved towards this sort of approach to stop me swaying back onto my right foot and found I was striking the ball much better.

As you can see, I'm not 100% left side but find my swing is pretty repeatable when thinking about not going back onto my right foot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWA7wBnZE3E

D

Deleted Member 1156

You may find that you were subconsciously moving off the ball on the takeaway and all you are now doing is staying in the right position.

Or you may be going down the path of darkness to the other side....................

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You may find that you were subconsciously moving off the ball on the takeaway and all you are now doing is staying in the right position.

Or you may be going down the path of darkness to the other side....................

I think this will be spot on:thup:

A

Alex1975

My understanding is that James does not actually S&T he just robs the bits he likes...

Andr3w

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I think this is true, what feels to me like half my body is away down the fairway is actually probably just centred and correct.

I'd just always heard to transfer weight to the inside of the right foot, but by not doing this the game suddenly seems a lot easier :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Had a lesson a couple of days ago and when the instructor said this I started thinking of stack and tilt and understood that this was now discredited and wishing I hadn't wasted £50, however...

I'm dumbfounded by how quickly my ball contact has improved - literally on the first hit. I'm now compressing the ball like never before and getting a great balanced finish.

I no longer make a big turn off the ball and it all just seems so much easier. My next thought though is whether to go for a "full fat" stack & tilt swing or just to borrow some of the concepts? Any thoughts? Does anyone stack and tilt with success?

Discredited? Wherever did you get that idea from?

Not for everyone, but certainly seems to be good for improving ball striking!

Do you know what you've just done!!!

I'm sure James will be along very shortly to pimp his S&M, sorry S&T services to you and extol the virtues

Homer, Have you actually tried it - from an accredited S&T Pro?

It could well solve about half the issues I've seen in your swing(s) - though that would still leave plenty to keep your Pro in decent Claret for years!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Homer, Have you actually tried it - from an accredited S&T Pro?

It could well solve about half the issues I've seen in your swing(s) - though that would still leave plenty to keep your Pro in decent Claret for years!

Spent two hours in the company of James and he went through it with me so I comment with a degree of understanding.