Stand bag / Cart bag / Tour bag

evemccc

Visit site
Advice sought please..

I have a stand bag but it isn’t quite big enough for drinks, food, waterproof etc and it also doesn’t fit too well with my trolley — it works fine but isn’t ideal

Are cart bags significantly bigger than stand bags and do many trolley users use them vs stand bags in their trolley?

What about Tour bags, do many / any amateurs use them and are they significantly bigger and more useful in trolleys than cart bags? Would I look foolish rocking a Tour bag and playing like a mid-double figure handicapper?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have a cart bag as I tend to carry pretty much everything I need for on the course. Mine is a Titleist StaDry, and it holds everything I need.
I have a separate stand bag, which I use in the winter but there is a lot more space in my cart bag.

Visit site
I have a cart bag as I tend to carry pretty much everything I need for on the course. Mine is a Titleist StaDry, and it holds everything I need.
I have a separate stand bag, which I use in the winter but there is a lot more space in my cart bag.
I have a similar set up with the cart bag being a titleist stadry bag and there's an alrigh amount of space in there.
Love the look of the tour bags but with my lack of ability there's no way I'm turning up with one of those on the 1st tee

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Imo Tour bags look the best but there pockets are so tight and have you jamming your waterproofs in.
Cart bags are more flexible and imo better.
Why I’ve got a tour bag is purely on looks.

sunshine

Visit site
Advice sought please..

I have a stand bag but it isn’t quite big enough for drinks, food, waterproof etc and it also doesn’t fit too well with my trolley — it works fine but isn’t ideal

Are cart bags significantly bigger than stand bags and do many trolley users use them vs stand bags in their trolley?

What about Tour bags, do many / any amateurs use them and are they significantly bigger and more useful in trolleys than cart bags? Would I look foolish rocking a Tour bag and playing like a mid-double figure handicapper?

Unless you are on tour, or regularly use a caddy, tour bags are not a good look.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tour bags also don't fit on a trolley correctly and you'll have to put them on their side.
Depends on your trolley, I have the mottocaddy m7 trolley and my tour bag fits on it without having to sit it on its side and I can get access to all my pockets.

All miseries trolleys will fit a tour bag.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Use a tour bag, no issues, fits fine front on , on a power caddy, plenty of room for waterproofs, jumpers , hats and two drinks pockets. Only downside I've found is my putter is on the short side and rubs shafts of my other clubs, so have stuck an old tube in one of the side pockets and it acts as my putter holder.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How much stuff do people take with them to require a full size tour bag?

Fair enough if you prefer the looks.
I wonder this. I downgraded size-wise (slightly) from a cart bag to a hybrid bag so I didn't have to keep chopping and changing. Lost about half a full length pocket on one side but didn't miss it at all. I wonder what people are cramming in there besides a jacket, jumper, water bottle and a handful of balls. You don't need a whole wardrobe in there.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wonder this. I downgraded size-wise (slightly) from a cart bag to a hybrid bag so I didn't have to keep chopping and changing. Lost about half a full length pocket on one side but didn't miss it at all. I wonder what people are cramming in there besides a jacket, jumper, water bottle and a handful of balls. You don't need a whole wardrobe in there.
Easy for you to say without experiencing all a Scottish summer at a links course throws at you:ROFLMAO:

Neeko1988

Visit site
Another shout for the midsize titleist tour bag. Best of both worlds, all the looks of tour bag but in a smaller more manageable size. As mentioned it has a trolley cut out in the base too