Staffordshire Clubs

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course knowledge is helpful at Beau, due to the turns on the greens more than any other matter IMHO, 12th is about the only green I would not be looking to hit the green, due to the lay of the land/green on the whole course. 6th maybe as well, depending on pin location. However this is not unusual on heathland or links course (even if they are flat courses), they are sand based and are firm all the year round, it certainly is not a parkland course.

As you know you don't want to be long on any shot to the greens, as out the back of the greens at beau are almost impossible to get up and down from(not all but most) and you are better taking a longer club of the tee(on par4/5) to ensure you take a shorter club into the greens, as there are some you have to hit in certain places and always over read the turns on the greens, as you almost never do.:ROFLMAO:

Links bounces sorry are far less predictable than Beaus bounces. Alot of Links course have hollows, humps, undulations far great than Beau.

With regards to cat 1, just checked there is the same percentage of cat 1 members, as a top 100 links course I am a member at(also quickly check another, and it has way more than a parkland course) so not sure on your info there.:unsure:

All the best.
the pro Mike told me it can't hold onto good players. also the lack of entries from members for the stag. however, if you have stats I believe you over them and I'll conceed that. I personally just don't like the bump and run golf. whats amusing is when my pals come and play the pga. all of a sudden it's throwing darts and all carry over a well protected greens. it's almost satisfying watching them struggle as i do when i play beau. I also want to get a jcb and dig up your 16th green. arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh the cards I've wrecked!!!!!!!

carldudley

Visit site
I was going to suggest here, but apart from it being a tad far away from you.........

Westwood

Worth a trip by if you're ever that way, played it when i was home visiting the parents, course of two halves, really interesting front 9 and very welcoming and friendly.

Keeping note of the above suggestions for when I'm back up again.

D

Deleted member 21258

the pro Mike told me it can't hold onto good players. also the lack of entries from members for the stag. however, if you have stats I believe you over them and I'll conceed that. I personally just don't like the bump and run golf. whats amusing is when my pals come and play the pga. all of a sudden it's throwing darts and all carry over a well protected greens. it's almost satisfying watching them struggle as i do when i play beau. I also want to get a jcb and dig up your 16th green. arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh the cards I've wrecked!!!!!!!

Also missed that sometimes the 4th I would land short of the green(similarish reasons to the 13th you mentioned) or maybe even putt the ball depending on club off the tee.

Assume you mean the 15th(?) par 5 green, the 15th I would pay good money for knowing I would only 2 putt on, that green is one of the slopey-est(is that a word, it should be to describe that green). If you have a long putt across that green from the front, may the force be with you, your going need it.:ROFLMAO:

You mentioning the belfry how good a condition is that in summer, amazing considering its foot fall. (y)

D

Deleted member 21258

Hi

I am currently a member of lilleshall GC and for various reasons thinking of the possibility of moving elsewhere.

There are four of us that would be moving. Anybody got any recommendations in the Staffordshire sort of area.

Thanks

Could I ask, why you thinking of moving ?

Sons played your course and quite like the variety of holes, iirc.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Also missed that sometimes the 4th I would land short of the green(similarish reasons to the 13th you mentioned) or maybe even putt the ball depending on club off the tee.

Assume you mean the 15th(?) par 5 green, the 15th I would pay good money for knowing I would only 2 putt on, that green is one of the slopey-est(is that a word, it should be to describe that green). If you have a long putt across that green from the front, may the force be with you, your going need it.:ROFLMAO:

You mentioning the belfry how good a condition is that in summer, amazing considering its foot fall. (y)
yes I did mean the par 5. horrible green. but the 16th come to think of it is a bugger too

Neeko1988

Visit site
my assumption would be due to number of days lost to bad weather, it suffers a lot more than most in the area

Various reasons to be honest. Closures being one although it’s to be expected. Seems the process is to shut the back 9 and leave front open which just results in the front being ruined.

As I say though there’s a few reasons. Like the course it’s really worth the money. Think might be time for a change.

Appreciate all the replies thank you

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at Beau today and if it wasn't for the water in some bunkers you wouldn't know Storm Dennis had been through. Greens pretty soft but the rest in very good order.
Interestingly heard the Scratch team were having a discussion and agreed if there was a choice they'd play at Enville rather than Beau if they all lived equal distance away .

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played at Beau today and if it wasn't for the water in some bunkers you wouldn't know Storm Dennis had been through. Greens pretty soft but the rest in very good order.
Interestingly heard the Scratch team were having a discussion and agreed if there was a choice they'd play at Enville rather than Beau if they all lived equal distance away .

That's interesting. The Beau , Shifnal or Staffordshire scratch team?