Stack and tilt. How many use it or thinking of using it.?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
My thoughts exactly, he is apparently 'getting it wrong' yet he can still hit a draw or fade to order. Go figure :unsure:
Of course he can... the ballflight laws were established in 2009 and Justin Roses career has been amazing for the past 10yrs.

I doubt he would have been so prolific if he'd practiced the wrong thing for 10yrs.

He was a natural at an early age, I posted...

"In my opinion UNLESS you are 11yrs old and playing off single figures, 15-17yrs old and playing off PLUS figures wanting to turn pro and are already a member at an ELITE golfcourse reknowned for churning out Tour professionals, about to enroll in some sort of college program for golf at an American Sports University, are already part of the Walker Cup team"

He broke 70 by the age of 11, played off PLUS 3 at 14yrs old, and played the Walker Cup at 17

I think he meets the criteria.

But hey... we can listen to your insights instead :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Uh oh!
Look what is played at the pro level is not quite the same.
Physically maintaining it is difficult.. the goal of golf is to go a low as possible not do yourself a mischief that stops you doing your day job.
Any swing mechanism that accounts for that is perfect.
Any swing teaching that takes you from the pointless complex to the sublime simplicity will be a benefit.
Take your time listen and watch what is being said .. after all any shots removed from a round would be great for us all.

I am sure if there are any misunderstandings these can be clarified.

Thanks JustOne please keep popping stuff on ! I for one am interested ??

D

Deleted Member 1156

Of course he can... the ballflight laws were established in 2009 and Justin Roses career has been amazing for the past 10yrs.

I doubt he would have been so prolific if he'd practiced the wrong thing for 10yrs.

He was a natural at an early age, I posted...

"In my opinion UNLESS you are 11yrs old and playing off single figures, 15-17yrs old and playing off PLUS figures wanting to turn pro and are already a member at an ELITE golfcourse reknowned for churning out Tour professionals, about to enroll in some sort of college program for golf at an American Sports University, are already part of the Walker Cup team"

He broke 70 by the age of 11, played off PLUS 3 at 14yrs old, and played the Walker Cup at 17

I think he meets the criteria.

But hey... we can listen to your insights instead :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No problem. I've been able to hit both a draw and a fade before and after 2009 so I'm sorted thanks (y)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That's a scary video of Justin Rose getting it all wrong!
Oh, and thanks for your thoughts, very informative. (y)
Actually, he didn't get it wrong!

He actually got it right! Just for the wrong reason(s). That's the difference, in Golf, between Feel and Real.
It's also why the slice-liable hacker, who does so on first tee shot, is likely get worse and worse (and more and more frustrated) throughout the round!

Btw. In 1968, a couple of Brits (Alistair Cochran & John Stobbs) wrote a book (In Search of the Perfect Swing) that got it (Ball Flight Laws) right!! But the weight of US based coaches overrode them until Flightscope/Trackman came along and produced the actual numbers!

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
No problem. I've been able to hit both a draw and a fade before and after 2009 so I'm sorted thanks (y)
I totally believe you, and so could Justin Rose.

The thing here is that YOU CAN, so that's ok with you, pull the ladder up, end of story

But some people can't.

I'm gonna take a guess that you are approx 4 h/cap? total guess as I haven't a clue but oddly it's people who play approx CAT1 who say the things you say.

But some people aren't 4 h/cap.

I guess as 'Drive4show' you hit a nice ball, maybe you're a forum superstar who's average drive is 350yds, or else you hit a solid 270 fairly often

Some people can barely hit the ball 150yds without slicing it 50yds right

Do you think it would be OK if some people learned to play golf in a way that you DIDN'T, or must they follow in your footsteps?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Btw. In 1968, a couple of Brits (Alistair Cochran & John Stobbs) wrote a book (In Search of the Perfect Swing) that got it (Ball Flight Laws) right!! But the weight of US based coaches overrode them until Flightscope/Trackman came along and produced the actual numbers!
Indeed (y)(y)(y)

Got to love it when something that is right gets squashed

Now SQUASH!!!!! has anyone SQUASH!!!!! heard of something SQUASH!!!!! called Stack SQUASH!!!!! and Tilt? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

D

Deleted Member 1156

I totally believe you, and so could Justin Rose.

The thing here is that YOU CAN, so that's ok with you, pull the ladder up, end of story

But some people can't.

I'm gonna take a guess that you are approx 4 h/cap? total guess as I haven't a clue but oddly it's people who play approx CAT1 who say the things you say.

But some people aren't 4 h/cap.

I guess as 'Drive4show' you hit a nice ball, maybe you're a forum superstar who's average drive is 350yds, or else you hit a solid 270 fairly often

Some people can barely hit the ball 150yds without slicing it 50yds right

Do you think it would be OK if some people learned to play golf in a way that you DIDN'T, or must they follow in your footsteps?
I hit the ball well enough thanks but when I joined the forum I actually wanted the moniker 'putt4dough' as I'm a better putter but that name was apparently unavailable at the time.

Thanks for your kind assumptions though (y)

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
My thoughts exactly, he is apparently 'getting it wrong' yet he can still hit a draw or fade to order. Go figure :unsure:

Actually I've looked at these ball flight laws videos, and on one of them, they illustrate the change in thinking by showing two Justin videos.
The one saying the path determines direction, then a later one where he goes with the latest thinking.