Stableford DQ - Signed for Work Score

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
FC was disqualified from this weekend's Stableford due to signing for a wrong score. The points tally signed for was 30 but the processed card has been returned as 29.

The gross score for each hole was correctly recorded but it appears that either a score on an individual hole was incorrectly calculated or simply the points total wasn't added up properly.

Is this really grounds for a DQ?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nope, not as far as i know anyhow mate , once you have the correct actual score in you cant be DQ for incorrect points ..

now patiently waits to be proved wrong :)

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You are only responsible for the score in the box being recorded correctly. Working out the points and the correct addition is not down to you and you cant be dq'd for any errors in that part of the card.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As long as the Gross Score on each hole was correctly recorded, that's all that's needed from a Score point of view.

The DQ should be challenged imo. Though, from that score, it looks like +0.1 anyway.

Worth correcting the misconception tohough

Last edited:

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I don't think the FC is bothered but at least I was correct in my thoughts that a DQ wasn't warranted.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
6-6d/2
Total Score Recorded by Competitor Incorrect
Q.In stroke play, a competitorreturns his score card to the Committee. The hole by hole scores are correct,but the competitor records a total score which is one stroke lower than hisactual total score. Is the competitor subject to penalty?
A.No. The competitor isresponsible only for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole (Rule6-6d). The Committee is responsible for the addition of scores (Rule 33-5). Ifthe competitor records a wrong total score, the Committee must correct theerror, without penalty to the competitor.

The same applies to stablefordpoints

Last edited:

Mav281

Club Champion
Visit site
You are only responsible for the score in the box being recorded correctly. Working out the points and the correct addition is not down to you and you cant be dq'd for any errors in that part of the card.

This would be my view as well and it's something we recently argued with our handicap secretary when she DQ'd one of our group. She eventually backed down and accepted the score which won the guy the overall competition.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
This would be my view as well and it's something we recently argued with our handicap secretary when she DQ'd one of our group. She eventually backed down and accepted the score which won the guy the overall competition.

It's not a matter of a point of view - it is quite simply what the Rules say.