Stableford css.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
How does a stableford css work ??

For example, it's said the css = +1 which is all good but what is figure that it's +1 to ?

I have asked the question via email and all I got in return was 36 points is par in stableford.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
CSS at +1 is SSS+1

Stableford points will depend on the relationship between par and CSS - where they are the same 36 points represents playing to handicap.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
OK thanks, problem being is I can't find the SSS anywhere online as their course card online doesn't have it.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Found it.

Righty, 71 is sss, so 36 points = 71, so +1 = 72 ???? Par off yellas is 70.

nae wonder I dinny like stableford

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If it’s a match then CSS/SSS has no relevance just the SI on the holes

Stop jumping the gun fella.

I played Mar Hall in a stableford comp Tuesday, I'm playing Leven Links in a Club seniors match.

I'm trying to work out if I've been cut a shot from Tuesday, tomorrows game at Leven has no relevance to what this topic is about.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Stop jumping the gun fella.

I played Mar Hall in a stableford comp Tuesday, I'm playing Leven Links in a Club seniors match.

I'm trying to work out if I've been cut a shot from Tuesday, tomorrows game at Leven has no relevance to what this topic is about.

How many points did you have and what was the CSS (in points) reported for the competition?

D

Deleted member 15344

Found it.

Righty, 71 is sss, so 36 points = 71, so +1 = 72 ???? Par off yellas is 70.

nae wonder I dinny like stableford

It depends on what the par is

So if it’s a par 70 and SSS is 71 and you scored 36 you would be cut .2 if Cat 2

If it’s 37 points it’s .4 etc

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It depends on what the par is

So if it’s a par 70 and SSS is 71 and you scored 36 you would be cut .2 if Cat 2

If it’s 37 points it’s .4 etc

Par is 70, which is irrelevant to the css on the day. The SSS is 71, but all the info I was given was, css = +1

In regards what cat, if it's a .4 cut, I'll be down to 5, if .2, I'm still 6.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I had 36, and all they have said in reply was, css = +1, means nothing to me if they don't tell you how many points the css was.

Yep, not very clear. Don't know if that means CSS was 35pts and you get cut or it was 37pts and you buffered.

D

Deleted member 15344

Par is 70, which is irrelevant to the css on the day. The SSS is 71, but all the info I was given was, css = +1

In regards what cat, if it's a .4 cut, I'll be down to 5, if .2, I'm still 6.

Par is always relevant and it strange how they have given you CSS +1 which I have never heard of before - it’s either the number of points or the net score for a CSS

If they mean SSS + 1 that for me would mean a CSS of 34

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was this actually an official H/C Qualifier run by Golf Scotland ? . Or just a social day out , are all scores returned to home clubs for H/C purposes ?. :confused:

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What matters is how many golfers made the buffer that can change the CSS of the completion, the par and SSS actually mean nothing for your handicap.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If CSS was +1 I would take that to mean it's gone up by a shot so CSS would be 35 points if SSS =Par.
If SSS is 71 then CSS is 72
If par is 2 below CSS the "par" becomes 34..

I could, of course, be making this up as I'm concentrating on other things😂

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Surely it means css is 1 over, as such 35 points = playing to handicap, so 36 points is 1 under css.
Assuming the op is cat 4, that’ll be a 0.4 cut.