St Pierre Golf Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

My brother is getting married there in September ( how nice of him to get married at a golf course )

He has given me his free four ball voucher - so looking to find out which is the best course to book - the Old or Mathern ? The Old appears to be the one to go for

Plus any reviews kindly welcomed :thup:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played the Old a few times years ago, when it was in really good nick. This is going back to when the Pro's played there. late 70's early 80's. Heard it then went downhill, but hopefully someone that has played it recently can say it is back to its best ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Your challenge, should you play the old, is to shank one from the right of the 18th green, land it on the patio and watch in horror as it bounced onto the clubhouse roof.

Takes a special talent.............

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Played the Old a few times years ago, when it was in really good nick. This is going back to when the Pro's played there. late 70's early 80's. Heard it then went downhill, but hopefully someone that has played it recently can say it is back to its best ?

In great nick when we went.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Definitely the old, the other course if i remember rightly is only about 5500yds and a par 68ish I think. Been a good few years since Ive been there mind, last is a cracking tough par 3

D

Deleted member 15344

as stated the old is nice, are you staying there? if not Chepstow is a nice little town good for a few drinks and pretty close so not to much in a cab.

Yes we are staying in the hotel on the Saturday night - we have booked a round on the old course

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
The Old Course by a mile... i havent played it for a few years but i hear it's had some money thrown at it. A super course. some cracking holes. 17th & 18th is a tough finish..... Mathern course is ok at best.