SRIXON Z-STAR

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive not yet got around to trying these yet, has anyone tried the Z-Star X ? How does it compare to the ProV1X, harder, softer, more/less spin? Cheers

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used these and think they are OK, however, I much prefer the old ZURC's. The Z-Stars seemed a little bit more 'clicky' off the face. Unfortunately, the only place I can find them is on ebay and they all appear to be lakeballs !!

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive not yet got around to trying these yet, has anyone tried the Z-Star X ? How does it compare to the ProV1X, harder, softer, more/less spin? Cheers

Quite similar, perhaps a littler softer feel. Not a lot in it to my mind. Both very decent balls.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Srixon-Z-Star-XV-Ball.jpg

^
^
^
That thing doesn't even look round!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Kinda like the Z Star X, ordered two dozen from AG at Xmas as they are good early season with wetter greens and when more carry is needed. Also bought two dozen Z Stars, so with the others left over from last season got about 7 which should last me the season or maybe May!!

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not for me for summer play but a good price for an NXT like balls which are ok for winter.

Think a few places are shifting them ATM but thats the cheapest I've seen them.

They say it's as good as a Pro V1, you find it too hard?

I know people will disagree but personally I don't think you get the control around the greens anywhere near the pro v. Not a bad ball and fine on full shots but I have tried them several times and it just doesn't seem to have the same level of control.

I am currently using the Z-Star yellow which is a great winter ball but as soon as greens start firming up will be back to the Pro V1x or the Callaway equivilent.

I seem to get better results with these which means more 2 to 6 footers as opposed to 6 to 10 footers.

All in all I wouldn't say I find it harder really only that the cover of the ball doesn't seem to contact with the club and green in the same way other premium balls do.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just don’t see the point in spending £35 on a dozen balls, when you can get near as good if not better for £20 a dozen in the Z Stars.

They are a great price at the moment and I would happily use one this time of year so I agree. Get them while you can.

They haven't always been £20 a doz though and the new ones won't be. Even I might pick some up, for down the practise ground!

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
Horses for courses I think, to me all Callaways are rocks

Do Callaway even make a premium ball?

Yes the Tour series, every other Callaway ball feels like hitting a stone but the Tours are much better, although they still sound a little clicky off the putter. I used them for a while, they seem to be a lot more stable off the driver into a headwind (ie they don't go flying off the course if you put the slightest amount of cut spin onto the ball into a headwind like a ProV would) but I have trouble finding them in the shops (I don't buy online), so it tends to be the Z-Star or the Bridgestone B330 for me.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must resist.

I must resist.

I must ……

I … ……

Oh heck!

How come you haven’t lost them yet Homie ??? Don’t you like using them ???
:p :p

:D :D :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I started to use them last year. Funnily enough there must be a magic ingredient in them as the one I did lose went after nearly 4 rounds which as you could tell from my lost ball count last year was pretty much a record for me. The others came out of the bag when I swapped to AD333's for winter but will be back in soon

Split_Fairway

Assistant Pro
Visit site
ive probably tried just about every premium ball there is after finding them in the straggly stuff and at the driving range(with the exception of the nike one) and my personal favourite has to be the taylormade TP red, damn TM for stopping making them!