Srixon Camoflage Balls

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it just me or are Srixon balls impossobly difficult to find in the rough. Whilst I am still a novice at this game, I can normally get round the course without losing more than 1 or 2 balls (depending on the amount of water). I recently purchased a box of Srixon AD333 balls and have lost most of them already. My shots do not appear to be more wayward and the rough does not seem any thicker but I just cannot find these balls when they stray from the fairway. Anyone had similar experiences? I quite like the balls and they can be found for a pretty good price at the moment so I am intrigued to know whether the problem is with me or the ball.

Mowgli

Hacker
Visit site
No not at all had the same problem last week where i lost 2, again they weren,t hit particularly waywood but just seemed to disappear in the light rough, saying that you know what its like when you get a bad bounce or roll they probably go further in than you think.I like the 333,s they are a good ball and not to pricey.

Thedivot

Visit site
Apparently you can get these blue sunshade things from the states that can help you find the ball. I don,t think they cost much either.Might be a cheaper option than buying replacement balls.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My point is that this is not a problem that I have with other balls. I have no problem finding other makes of ball when I am off the short stuff, just, it seems, Srixon.

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Srixon website lists these benefits for that particular ball:

• High initial velocity, high launch angle and low spin for greater distance

Tremendous soft feel and superb control.
I would have thought those were mutually exclusive. How can they say a soft ball that's easy to control is also low spin??

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
By making the ball in different layers, they can engineer a ball that is low spin off the driver (which compresses the ball more), but high spin off the irons (which use the soft cover to spin the ball).
3 or 4 piece balls are technologically way more advanced than 2 piece or even wound balls used before. all the different layers enable the engineers to work wonders that in previous years were impossible. the only question remains - since it is just 4 mouldings, why are they so expensive.

May be srixon ad333 are hard to find because they are cheap. If you played provs then you would watch them off the tee, and probably find them. Cheaper balls don't hold my attention.