Sports persons taking the knee

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
See what happens when you let 'fans' back into football grounds.:eek:

Groups of Millwall FC supporters have a 70 year historic record of being numpties so no surprise they are taking this stance.
The good news is because of their reputation average home gates are very low [13k] so we are talking about a dwindling minority

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
That’s the only you pick then ? Ignoring all persecution and racism - can you not even see the point they are trying to make even if the idea is radical . Being persecuted by the police just because of the colour of their skin - can you not even see that it’s still going on and that it needs to stop
Dan has never experienced it ergo Dan neither believes in it or cares.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Do you understand what "defund the police" actually means?

here's a good explanation from those anarchists and radical lefties at Good Housekeeping magazine -

What does "defund the police" mean?
It's a common misconception that "defunding the police" means completely stripping law enforcement of all of their funding. While while some organizations are indeed calling for the abolishment or dismantling of police altogether, "defunding the police" simply means reducing police department budgets and redistributing those funds towards essential social services that are often underfunded, such as housing, education, employment, mental health care, and youth services.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/a33024951/defund-the-police-meaning/

one could argue that "defunding the police" has been going on for years in this country, certainly the first bit about reducing their budgets has.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
@rudebhoy has it on what 'defunding' means...and yes - points to how UK policing came to be needing the current government to have to promise to recruit 20,000 more officers. But in stating this obvious fact I perhaps drift too close to politics.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
@rudebhoy has it on what 'defunding' means...and yes - points to how UK policing came to be needing the current government to have to promise to recruit 20,000 more officers. But in stating this obvious fact I perhaps drift too close to politics.

that was why I refrained from mentioning who had been responsible for defunding the police over the last decade :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that why some of the West Ham fans booed as well

The Millwall excuse was a cop out and the response above was exactly the response we saw from the likes of the EDL , and that’s where Millwall fans fit in perfectly

Their reaction on social media with posting pictures of black players that they voted in their player of the year etc etc - trying very hard to show they aren’t racist

The kneeling by the players is in support against racism and persecution, BLM has a very small radical bunch that went over the top but the message is very clear - it’s time people were stopped being judged and treated differently based on their colour

Millwall came out with loads of lovely little statements saying they won’t tolerate it yet they now brush the issue away but the players no longer kneeling , those racist fans win , they get what they what - it’s disgusting and just another chapter in the life of Millwall football club and the racist element still alive and well within football and within the UK

The actions at the weekend of fans at Millwall , Colchester and West Ham show exactly why these symbols need to continue

They can hide behind any excuse they want but everyone knows why they booed

On Facebook a few weeks ago they had pictures of the game (can't remember which game )

Antonio was one of the pics taking the knee, then a few others from the game. Action shots

One comment

"This rubbish will stop soon as the fans get back we will make sure"

It's like what's wrong with you.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
That’s the only you pick then ? Ignoring all persecution and racism - can you not even see the point they are trying to make even if the idea is radical . Being persecuted by the police just because of the colour of their skin - can you not even see that it’s still going on and that it needs to stop

Of course I can see that's going on, It's terrible. The US is absolutely terrible.

However Defunding is a stupid idea, It's just going to make the situation more of a Sh**show than it currently is. They actually require more funding for better training and technology that makes it impossible to be unaccountable for their actions. Domestic Violence calls are one of the most dangerous calls to go on in the US, gonna send a social worker with a clipboard in?

Dan has never experienced it ergo Dan neither believes in it or cares.

Interesting, I got called a leftist snowflake in the other thread a few months back for my views. But hey, lets just stereotype because someone doesn't completely agree with you. Didn't get us in this situation in the first place (y)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If you were to put money on two teams who would have fans booing at the players kneeling. Millwall and West Ham would have been top of that list. Not all of their supporters it must be said. But it's not a surprise.

The fans booing wouldn't know what Marxism means if the definition hit them in the face. It's extremely disappointing that Millwall have caved in and just shows the mentally of the whole club is rotten.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Most NFL teams have given up on this whole thing now. It served its purpose at the time but now to diminishing returns. The message got across and by use of national media coverage by the actual networks and work by the teams, the needle is moving in the right direction.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you were to put money on two teams who would have fans booing at the players kneeling. Millwall and West Ham would have been top of that list. Not all of their supporters it must be said. But it's not a surprise.

The fans booing wouldn't know what Marxism means if the definition hit them in the face. It's extremely disappointing that Millwall have caved in and just shows the mentally of the whole club is rotten.

Millwall fans would think Marxism is having too many blokes called Mark in their team.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course I can see that's going on, It's terrible. The US is absolutely terrible.

However Defunding is a stupid idea, It's just going to make the situation more of a Sh**show than it currently is. They actually require more funding for better training and technology that makes it impossible to be unaccountable for their actions. Domestic Violence calls are one of the most dangerous calls to go on in the US, gonna send a social worker with a clipboard in?

Interesting, I got called a leftist snowflake in the other thread a few months back for my views. But hey, lets just stereotype because someone doesn't completely agree with you. Didn't get us in this situation in the first place (y)

Regardless of whether there is merit in what you say on defunding, do you really think it has any relevance at all to millwall fans booing players taking the knee?

I cannot see any reasonable justification for the booing

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Regardless of whether there is merit in what you say on defunding, do you really think it has any relevance at all to millwall fans booing players taking the knee?

I cannot see any reasonable justification for the booing

Nope, they are trying to make an feeble excuse. It takes effort to boo, we're all aware what some sections of football fans are like.

I was posting in response that BLM's message is clear. It is. And I fundamentally disagree with their proposed method to fix it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What a load of rubbish, they were not booing the Black Players, they were booing BLM movement and I think Colin Kazim-Richards standing up whilst other knelt doing a “Black Power” salute.

View attachment 33877

This I could not get my head around, why a black power salute when taking a knee is supposed to be non political. Black power is supposed to be political.
Yet the photo showing the Black power stand, again was That taken and shown for a reason.
Personally I think the taking a knee has run its course. Racism has no place anywhere especially in sport.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

funny how name calling can suit some people’s agenda. It’s like some folk are trying cause an avalanche of support against you. I was called “ elitist ignorance“ on one of my posts on Facebook the other day. I nearly spilt my Pims laughing.