Sports Direct Putting Some Effort In

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seeing as we have a spate of defending the indefensible with arguments for chippers, black gloves and ball retrievers, I thought I would add Sports Direct to the list.

Popped in on Sunday as my wife wanted some trainers and had a look round the golf section. I was really impressed with the changes that they had made. All of the cheap and nasty clubs had gone and been replaced with the NZ9 range and the whole section had been tidied and filled with their new, higher quality kit. The shoe section had been reduced to maybe a dozen types of Nike, Adidas and the newer Dunlop ones (which looked a pretty good buy at £39.00) and all of the golf tat had been removed. The clothes section had been reduced to their better quality trousers, shirts and sweaters and the whole section was neater, tidier and filled with their better kit. I even had a look at some of the Dunlop balls following reports on here and they had helpfully added advice to which mainstream ball each of their range should equate to.

I know some people will never set foot in a Sports Direct but it was nice to see that my local one was making an effort where golf is concerned.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Could be a store-wide rollout, as mine is the same... very little of the old 'stack high, sell cheap' stock they had before; some of the NZ9 and DP1 range look pretty decent, although ours had some of the older TP13 and DDH irons and wedges still out.

Looks like they are definitely trying to win back a share of the golf equipment and clothing market.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
One was black and green, yes
url-17.gif

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
They have some adipure shoes in there at 62 pounds and that's the cheapest I've seen them for,premium shoe as well! Buy my Nike and puma shirts out of there for golf as well.