Spikeless Shoes - A Warning

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always worried about grip with spikeless, i have seen the new (not released yet) adicross.. Look very interesting sole design, should be decent in morning dew etc, what do we think? I am in!!

BlwSniFCUAE1Pu-.jpg

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can honestly say that i have never experienced any loss of grip even in damp conditions when wearing spikeless shoes. I will be sticking with mine for the rest of the year

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Have some Ecco spikeless. Uber grippy, even in damp conditions. Had my back foot slip away today whilst wearing FJ soft spikes.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
seriously, someone fell over while swinging from a flat even piece of turf:rolleyes:

dont think it was the shoes that caused that somehow:whistle:

D

Deleted Member 1156

I quite like the style of these spikeless shoes but really not convinced about grip levels. In the summer I use a pair of FJ LoPro shoes which are extremely comfortable with a soft rubber sole but the added benefit of still having spikes.

Maybe an ideal compromise for anyone else who is unsure.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
seriously, someone fell over while swinging from a flat even piece of turf:rolleyes:

dont think it was the shoes that caused that somehow:whistle:

As I said in the OP, my friend has an unconventional swing that probably requires more grip than most :D

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not sold on spikeless shoes at all, I like my golf shoes to look like golf shoes not old man trainers

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a set of M Project spikeless that's haven't seen grass yet.

On the back if this thread, I'll wait til it bone dry before venturing out in them :thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a set of M Project spikeless that's haven't seen grass yet.

On the back if this thread, I'll wait til it bone dry before venturing out in them :thup:
Why? Some people have said that they think they have lost grip. Some have said that they haven't. Nothing proven at all. Would you not prefer to make your own mind up rather than believe everything that people opine?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to say that I had no intention of going spikeless but my brother bought ne a paur for xmas. I have since bought another pair. I have been totally converted. My fears of lack of grip were unfounded and the massive bebefit is that I can wear them anywhere in the club.

Not sure how the club can ban trainers but allow me to wear shoes that look exactly like a pair of old school adidas trainers but that is another matter.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And he's NEVER slipped with any other shoes I take it?

Why so defensive? It was a light hearted post about a funny moment that happened to a mate during my round yesterday. I'm not suggesting for a second that spikeless shoes are a problem.

In answer to you question however, no, he has never fallen over before. We actually heard the squeak as the shoes slipped on the wet grass, so in this particular instance with this particular swing the shoes were an issue, but only in this particular instance.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have to say that I had no intention of going spikeless but my brother bought ne a paur for xmas. I have since bought another pair. I have been totally converted. My fears of lack of grip were unfounded and the massive bebefit is that I can wear them anywhere in the club.

Not sure how the club can ban trainers but allow me to wear shoes that look exactly like a pair of old school adidas trainers but that is another matter.

Is that French? :rofl: