Virgin Swingers??? An unfortunate event....

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My home Golf course closed (correctly so), so I met a mate for a coffee who plays at another local course. He was pkaying in the regional semi final of the virgin swingers... (guess its like the titleist matchplay, but the finals are in Barbados and South Carolina).
So he and his partner are playing last week and the weather is set OK, but his course a tad on the damp side. Certainly playable. He arrives and is playing a guy from Staffordshire and has a handicap from a hotel chain style course (you know what is coming here) and he also is a member of another course very local to my mate.
Anyway, before my mate has even got out of his car (like literally as his car door opens) the guy who he is playing comes storming over saying he can't believe he his playing at such a s*** course and that they have made him drive up from Staffordshire, so much so, his partnet has Bailed and he has to play as a single against a pair. This gu does not stop all the way around - slagging the course off, storming off up the fairway, huffing and puffing all the way around. Needless to say off 14, he shoots 2 over in a decent breeze and soft course. Half way round one my mates partner congratulates him on playing a good shot and says how well he is hitting it, only to me met with more abuse saying how dare he question his handicap.
Stood on 17 my mate was 2 down with 2 to play. He hits a drive right, which hits a tree and rebounds into the fairway. This guy who has been horrendous all the way around rolls his eyes calls him a jammy something that shall not be repeated. My mate turns around at this point and let's him have with both barrels. Basically, tells him what an absolute little something he is and if he even sets foot in the clubhouse after the round he will personally drag him by his preverbials...my mate isn't soft and I'm surprised he held it until the 17th.... They lost on the last and he quickly got in his car and left....
How would you have dealt with this little twerp..?