SPIder x

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone using the spider x putter just now? American golf have the blue one with the toe hang neck reduced and I’ve got a voucher to use there.

I’ll obviously give it a go at my local shop but wondered if anyone had any feedback on them?

Cheers

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone using the spider x putter just now? American golf have the blue one with the toe hang neck reduced and I’ve got a voucher to use there.

I’ll obviously give it a go at my local shop but wondered if anyone had any feedback on them?

Cheers
I had one but sold it.
I think it’s a lovely putter for fast greens.
But get on a slowish green and I could not hit it hard enough to get to the hole.
The face is quite soft so on fast greens it’s not a problem.
But on slower greens I was all over the place with it, as I had to hit it so hard I was losing control.
So I would say if your greens are reasonably fast yes , but slower greens 6 months of the year no.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has any owners had a problem with the paint chipping if your spider x after a short period of time? Been reading though a few forums and seems to be a common issue

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
always used my spider tour with a head cover and no paint chips although the bottom edge below the insert wore a little, but we sand our greens regular so I put it down to that.

re reply two, I found a similar thing and I also found it had a real hotspot where it would fire off the face. Very stable on short putts,

Dannyc

Visit site
I’ve got the blue one very nice putter
I’ve had it 6 month or so I’ve noticed no paint chips on it yet I do use a putter cover though
My putting has improved but I’m also putting that down to a putting mat I bought that I use once/twice a week

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah mines chipped in a couple of spots, but I’m a clumsy git so just put it down to that.

I like it, and have no thoughts on changing it. I did like my red 2ball better tho, and would never have changed if the shaft had inexplicably bent (told you I’m clumsy)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Has any owners had a problem with the paint chipping if your spider x after a short period of time? Been reading though a few forums and seems to be a common issue

My red spider putter is in a mess after about 18 months and it's never been in the bag without the head cover on it

AdamC28

Visit site
My red spider putter is in a mess after about 18 months and it's never been in the bag without the head cover on it

I have the black version with a couple of chips as well.
In general I think paint quality on TM putters is poor, I see plenty on eBay that are all chipped up.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have the black version with a couple of chips as well.
In general I think paint quality on TM putters is poor, I see plenty on eBay that are all chipped up.
TM paint has in general been dreadfully poor since the introduction of white headed drivers!

I'm not likely to ever sell mine but am disappointed given how much they cost